Full program description
ICAgile - Agile Team Facilitation
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: ICPATF
Facilitation is a key skill required to foster collaboration in self-organising teams. This 2-day ICAgile certified workshop focuses on the mindset & role of an Agile Team Facilitator. It provides a range of tools and techniques that can be used to facilitating meetings & to drive outcomes.
Participation in this highly interactive workshop will give attendees the necessary skills to facilitate discussions for maximum impact. Participants will get practical tips to use at their workplace to handle Team conflicts & to help Teams achieve successful outcomes while leveraging their new skill sets to facilitate agile practices.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Agile team leaders or aspiring team leaders with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice the art of facilitation in the context of team facilitation and coaching. Relevant roles include Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Agile Coaches and aspiring coaches, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and anyone with the desire to explore the power of facilitation.
2 days/ 14 hours
Introduction to Agile facilitation
- How Agile facilitation differs from just facilitation
- An agile facilitators mindset, behaviour and support
Development Path for an Agile Coach
Coach as a Facilitator
- Promoting various Agile practices
- Support individuals, self-organised Team, program and organisations
Key skills of an Agile Team Facilitator
- Observe difference in behaviour
- Recognise obstacles
- Support individuals & Teams in overcoming difficulties while using Key agile practices
- Conflict resolution
At the end of Day 1, attendees will have achieved the following Learning Outcomes:
- Agile Team facilitation Mindset
- Achieving essential mindset shifts
- Achieving self-awareness/self-management as a facilitator
- How to coach as a Facilitator
- Defining the purpose and outcome
- Define a flow (series of activities) to help teams achieve the desired outcomes
- Learn to observe behaviours, maintain neutrality, focus on group work and suspend judgement
- Identifying & capturing impediments
- Engage leadership in solving organizational impediments
- Surfacing & working with conflict in a positive manner
Tools and techniques of facilitation
- Design meetings for collaboration
- Use of meeting organisation tool
- Facilitate collaborative conversations
- Facilitate decision making and reaching outcomes
An entire afternoon to apply and experience highly interactive, hands-on facilitation activities on real-world scenarios:
- Practice facilitating key Agile meetings
- Project and team chartering
- Release planning
At the end of Day 2, attendees will have achieved the following Learning Outcomes:
- Techniques to create and foster collaborative spaces
- Techniques to garner full participation without promoting chaos
- Techniques to facilitate better, more meaningful & collaborative conversations
- Techniques to clarify Teams decision-making authority
- Skillfully design & facilitate key Agile Framework meetings
- Adapt facilitation based on the Teams maturity & needs of the group
- Plan, design & facilitate a start-up or re-set of a Team session to enable high-performing teams
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
After completing this 2-day workshop and successfully demonstrating the understanding of all Learning Outcomes, participants receive the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) personal certificate (ICP-ATF) which is recognized worldwide. The certification is governed and maintained by ICAgile.
The ICP-ATF is one of two knowledge-based certifications on the Agile Coaching Track. It focuses primarily on the mindset and role of an agile team facilitator, while also providing group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drive towards agreed-upon outcomes. Through obtaining this certification, course participants will develop an appreciation for the art of facilitation as key to fostering collaboration and enabling self-organizing teams. In addition, participants will build their facilitator toolkits and gain experience facilitating specific agile practices most relevant to their organizational context.
Agile Coaching Track
- Explore the path of Agile facilitation and how this role plays out with your teams
- Preview, plan and conduct team activities
- Learn how to organise, plan and facilitate work meetings
- Teach each team member to organise, innovate and collaborate to the agreed-upon goals
- Master the basics of facilitation to derive outcomes
- Learn how to create exciting and effective team activities
- Acquire knowledge of facilitation tools and the techniques to use the tools for common Agile practices
There is no pre-requite for attending this course.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Original Course Fee
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.