Full program description
Mini Series : Infographics in Visual Story Telling powered by Wiley
Are you connecting with your audience in a compelling way? How can you educate your stakeholders and build a relationship with them through key messaging? In the Information Age today, using infographics and data visualisation can help convey your messages in a concise and engaging manner. One of the best ways to share content, recognise how visual communications can be adapted to extract, inform and entertain your audience. Infographics have the power to simplify complex concepts or ideas. Learn how to enhance knowledge retention and recall by presenting your ideas and information proficiently in your course of work.
Training / Lecture Hours 4
Unit 1: Introduction to Infographics
- Understanding how information is processed based on the 3 basic provisions of effective verbal or visual communication methods, namely Appeal, Comprehension and Retention
- Understanding which format to use to deliver the information more effectively, namely static images, interactive interfaces and motion content
Unit 2: What Makes a Good Infographic
- Understanding the visual storytelling spectrum, using audience and content to determine what information is required Understanding the 3 components, utility, soundness and beauty when developing good infographics
Unit 3: Infographic design best practices
- Designing a good presentation using the 2 major components: illustrations and data visualisations
At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Understand how visual communication is processed
- Understand the various forms of information design
- Dos and Donts of information design
- Recommended minimum English proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce Skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy Level 4
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer to Trainee Ratio 1: 20
JOHN WILEY & SONS HIGHLIGHTS:
This course is based on the works of the following authors:
The Power of Visual Storytelling by Jason Lankow, Josh Ritchie & Ross Crook
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.
For more information, please contact us at +65 6336 LHUB (5482).