Full program description
Mini Series : Becoming More Effective at Influencing powered by Wiley
If you want to be successful as a leader, manager or colleague, you must be able to achieve results through the effort and support of others. It might be getting support for ideas, acquiring needed resources or assigning responsibilities. While you can use direct power, many situations lend themselves better to influence. This requires a good set of influence skills. Practising these skills can improve your ability to lead and manage cross-functionally, strengthen professional relationships, increase your flexibility in dealing with people from diverse backgrounds, and achieve results more effectively.
Training / Lecture Hours 4
Unit 1: Why Influence and Where Could We Exercise Influence at Work?
Unit 2: A Framework for Influence
- Results: What would success look like?
- Relationship: How well do you influence one another?
- Context: What else is going on?
- Approach: How will I achieve results?
Unit 3: Expressive Influence Tactics and Behaviours
- Tell, sell, negotiate, enlist
Unit 4: Receptive Influence Tactics and Behaviours
- Inquire, listen, attune, facilitate
Unit 5: Learning from Neuroscience and Behavioural Economics
- Cognitive biases and how to make friends with them
- Decision shortcuts and implications for influence
Unit 6: Self-assessment - Further Developing Your Influencing Skills
At the end of the programme, learners will be able to:
- Apply a framework for thinking about influence at work
- Demonstrate expressive and receptive influence behaviours to achieve results
- Recommended minimum English proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy Level 4
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer to Trainee Ratio 1 : 20
JOHN WILEY & SONS HIGHLIGHTS:
This course is based on the works of the following author:
Exercising Influence by B. Kim Barnes
^Terms and Conditions apply. Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees. For more information, please contact us at +65 6336 LHUB (5482).