Full program description
Finance for Non-finance Professionals
What's In It For Me
- To be aware of the financial information and able to understand balance sheet, profit and loss account and cash flow statement.
- Able to digest the financial information to make long-term and short-term decision in their business
- Able reducing any loss or decrease the sharehold value by making the right decision
This course aims to help non-financial professionals to raise their awareness of finance and to use financial information in making business decisions.
As companies strive to enhance their shareholders' funds there is a greater need to understand financial information, particularly the balance sheet, profit and loss account and cash flow statement. Decisions made without properly understanding the financial implications may lead to reduced profits (sometimes even losses) and a reduction in shareholder value.
This workshop aims to raise the level of financial awareness of the participants and enable them to use the financial information provided to them to make better short-term or long-term decisions in managing their business.
- Financial Statements
- Business Analysis
- Cash Operating Cycle
- Foreign exchange implications
- Investment appraisal tools
- Business analysis case study - The Lessons from Amcol
- ProfitPlus Board Game
- Profit versus cash
- Warning Signals
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
By attending this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the main components of a typical set of financial statements of an annual report
- Appreciate the key underlying accounting concepts used in the preparation of financial statements
- Know how to interpret financial statements and analyse businesses using the 7-step approach
- Be able to perform a SWOT analysis using financial statements
Cash Operating Cycle
- Understand the cash operating cycle and what affects a company's cash flow
- Know how to manage the cash operating cycle
- Know the different categories of costs which exist and their implication on costing
- Understand costing concepts, and apply them in making business decisions
Budgeting, Forex & Taxation
- Have an appreciation of budgeting and the effects of foreign exchange moments and taxation on financial decisions
Investment Appraisal Tools
- Understand and apply the payback, net present value and internal rate of return methods of project appraisal in decision making
- Understand briefly the concepts of shareholder value, gearing and weighted average cost of capital
Course Fees: $1,295 (NTUC Members) | $1,440 (Public)
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees. Special rates for NTUC Members are available at our counters or roadshows only.