Full program description
Finance for Non-Finance Managers
What's In It For Me
- Learn how to interpret financial statements and explain the various components
- Acquire skills on how to interpret and evaluate financial statements using various analysis tools
- Learn how to use various techniques to evaluate capital investment
This course aims to introduce finance to participants without any accounting or finance background through lectures, interactive discussions, quizzes and other activities. During the 2-day course, learners would be able to understand the purpose and the importance of a financial statement. They would be introduced to tools which could be used to diagnose a company’s financial health. Participants will also be introduced to the various capital investment tools, payout period, NPV and IRR. These tools will be useful when analysing the viability of investing in assets or projects.
Who Should Attend
Lesson 1: Introduction to Financial Statements
- What are Financial Statements
- Importance of Financial Statements
- Fundamentals of Financial Statements
- Reporting Requirement
- Components of the Financial Statements
Lesson 2: Interpret and Evaluate Financial Statements Using Various Analysis Tools
- Purpose and Importance of Evaluating Financial Statements
- Limitations of Evaluating Financial Statements
- Ratio Analysis
Lesson 3: Capital Investment Evaluation Techniques
- What is Capital Investment
- Purpose and Importance of Capital Investment
- Types of Capital Investment Evaluation Techniques
- NPV vs IRR
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Interpret financial statements and explain the various components.
- Interpret and evaluate financial statements using various analysis tools.
- Use various techniques to evaluate capital investment.