Full program description
Standard First Aid Course ‘For NROC Coaches Only’
The Standard First Aid course is a pre-requisite for all sports coaches in Singapore to attain or renew their coaching license under the Singapore Sports. The aim of the course is to provide relevant knowledge and skills in rendering first aid treatment during an emergency.
Who Should Attend
All sports coaches in Singapore to attain or renew their coaching license under the Singapore Sports.
Training / Lecture Hours: 12 Hours
Assessment Hours: 3.5 Hours (Practical)
0.5 Hours (Theory)
Part 1: Introduction to First Aid
- Roles/duties of first aider
- Safety procedures/issues
- First aid kit
- Responding to emergency
Part 2: Breathing Difficulties
- Respiratory arrest
- Asthma attack
Part 3: Wound Management
Part 4: Unconsciousness
- Head injury
- Heat related causes
- Diabetic conditions
Part 5: Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Transportation of casualty
Part 6: Other Injuries
- Bites & Stings
Part 7: CPR + AED
- Demonstration of CPR and use of AED
- CPR Skills (Practice)
- Use of AED (Practice)
Mode of Assessment
- Multiple Choice
- Practical assessments
- Training Methodology: Lectures
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon completion of the course and passing the examination, 2 years validity will be issued to the following certificates:
- Certificate of achievement endorsed by NTUC LearningHub
- Accredited by the Singapore Resuscitation and First Aid Council
At the end of the programme, you will be:
- Provided with safety information and standards in Singapore
- Provided with the necessary skills in identifying, planning and managing an emergency situation at home or in school
- Equip trainees with the skills in rendering first aid to common accidents, its related injuries and medical emergencies
- Equip trainees with the skills in providing effective resuscitation (CPR) during emergencies
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 18
The course is only applicable for NROC Coaches. The list of all active NROC Coaches can be found Here.
|Individual Sponsored||Corporate Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||S$168.22||S$180.00||S$168.22||S$180.00||S$168.22||S$180.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||S$33.64||S$45.42||S$33.64||S$45.42|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||S$16.82||S$28.60||S$16.82||S$28.60||S$16.82||S$28.60|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||S$8.41||S$20.19||S$8.41||S$20.19||S$8.41||S$20.19|
*Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $4.50 per hour.
**Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50 per hour.
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-N-0045493
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.