Full program description
Shipyard Safety Instruction Course - Painter Trade (Thai)
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise your roles and duties in shipyard works
- Implement safety measures and procedures for painting works
Who Should Attend
- Case studies of major fire and explosion accidents
- Develop a positive attitude towards safety
- Causes of fires and explosions (relating to painting activities) and their prevention
- Health Hazards and Preventive Measures
- Permit-to-Work systems (focus will be on Painting-Permit)
- Responsibilities and duties of painters
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon completion of the course, a safety pass which is valid for a period of 5 years will be issued to you.
SSIC Painter safety pass will be invalid if SSIC General Trade safety pass is invalid or has expired.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Discussion on case studies
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.