Full program description
(English) Shipyard Safety Instruction Course - Hot Work Trade
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise your roles and duties in shipyard works
- Implement safety measures and procedures for hot-work works
Who Should Attend
- Types of hot-work
- Characteristics of flammable substances
- Causes of fires and explosions
- Case studies on shipyard fire and explosion accidents
- Safety measures for preventing fires and explosions
- Permit-to-Work systems
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Discussion on case studies
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.