Full program description
(Tamil) Shipyard Safety Instruction Course - General Trade
Promotion for this course is now available! Click here to find out more.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the common safety and health hazards
- Take precautions to avoid injuries and diseases
Who Should Attend
- Chemistry of fire and types of combustible materials (Fuel)
- Shipyard Permit-to-Work systems for prevention of fire and explosions
- Causes of fires and explosions and their prevention
- Safety signs
- Evacuation in case of a fire
- Specialised operations
- Material handling
- Mechanical and electrical hazards
- Falling hazards
- Health hazards
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and passing of the re-certification exam, you will receive a safety pass which is valid for a period of 2 or 4 years, depending on the years of your working experience in the related industry in Singapore.
Note: If you have less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore, you will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Those with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Discussion on case studies
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.