Full program description
(Re-certification Exam) Shipyard Safety Instruction Course - General Trade
Who Should Attend
Existing workers in the shipyard industry who would like to renew the validity of their Shipyard Safety Instruction Course (SSIC) safety passes.
If you have failed their SSIC Re-certification Exam, you are:
- NOT allowed to retake this Re-certification Exam and;
- Required to go through the 1-day Shipyard Safety Instruction Course - General Trade (SSIC) to get a valid SSIC safety pass
The 3 hours session will consist of:
- Written exam
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and passing of the re-certification exam, you will receive a safety pass which is valid for a period of 2 or 4 years, depending on the years of your working experience in the related industry in Singapore.
Note: If you have less than 6 years of working experience in Singapore, you will get a safety pass that is valid for 2 years. Those with more than 6 years of working experience in Singapore will get a safety pass that is valid for 4 years.
- Be a Singaporean, PR or Foreign Worker with a valid work permit
- Hold a valid SSIC safety pass*
*Successfully completed and obtained the safety pass.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
There will be a 2 hours briefing that covers the following:
- Current safety regulations
- General safety awareness
- Workers well-being
- English, Mandarin, Malay, Tamil, Thai and Bengali
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.