Full program description
Measure Exposure and Assess the Risks Due to Hazardous Substances
This unit covers the knowledge and techniques required to measure and assess the risks due to hazardous substances at the workplace. It will include the skills to be used in selecting the appropriate equipment to conduct sampling of hazardous substances and to evaluate exposure at the workplace.
Who Should Attend
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians, Officers and occupational hygienists who conduct sampling and monitoring of airborne contaminants
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals, such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors who want to become competent in sampling and assessing health risks due to air-borne contaminants
- Persons who want to be recognised as the competent person for sampling and monitoring of airborne contaminants by the Ministry of Manpower and the National Environment Agency
Total Training Hours: 40 hours
- Analyse the airborne contaminants and anticipate their ill-health
- Formulate a sampling strategy for the measurement and monitoring of hazardous substances
- Sampling of air-borne contaminants
- Analysis of the monitoring results and evaluation of the health risks
- Compose a monitoring report that meets the relevant legal requirements and objectives of the monitoring
Mode of Assessment
- Written Report
- Written Test
- Oral Questioning
- Calibration Test
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and assessment of each training module, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level for English and Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level Science (Chemistry)
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
- Recommended to have 2 years working experience in any industry
Note: All Modules will be assessed according to full qualification. You may also be required to undergo a pre-qualifying test. Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected.
Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC LearningHub.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 20
| || |
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.