Full program description
Manage Hazardous Substances
This unit covers the knowledge, skills and techniques used for managing hazardous substances at the workplace. This includes identifying sources of hazardous substances, implementing control measures and managing the associated risks. Persons who have successfully completed this unit of competency will be recognised as competent persons for the control of hazardous substances at the workplace by the Ministry of Manpower. This competency unit also covers the knowledge to control and manage hazardous substances, as required by the National Environment Agency, for the fulfillment of their duties as hazardous substances licence and permit holders.
Who Should Attend
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- Persons who control and manage chemicals at the workplace
- Person wants to be recognised as competent persons for the control of hazardous substances at the workplace, as defined in legislature
- License holders for importing, possessing, selling or offering hazardous substances for sale
- Permit holders for using, keeping or having in possession, or controlling hazardous substances
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals, such as WSH Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Any persons who control or manage hazardous substances at the workplace
Total Training Hours: 40 hours
- Analyse health, safety and environmental hazards and risks
- Determine appropriate control approaches for hazardous substances
- Implement control measures for hazardous substances
- Manage the risks due to hazardous substances
Mode of Assessment
- Written Test
- Oral Questioning
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and assessment of each training module, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level for English and Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level Science (Chemistry)
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
- Recommended to have 2 years working experience in any industry
Note: All Modules will be assessed according to full qualification. You may also be required to undergo a pre-qualifying test. Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected.
Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC LearningHub.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1:20
| || |
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.