Full program description
Fire Protection System in Buildings
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Learn about the various types of fire protection systems in buildings
- Assess the proper installation of the systems
Who Should Attend
- Introduction to Fire Science
- Introduction to automatic sprinkler systems
- Introduction to automatic fire alarm systems
- Maintenance and usage of fire hose reel and dry/ wet riser systems
- Selection, distribution and use of fire extinguishers
- Identify different types of gaseous fire suppression systems
- Uses of kitchen fire suppression systems
- Practical session
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
You are required to complete either:
- Secondary 2 (Mathematics & Science) or NTC
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Discussions and presentations
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.