Full program description
Evaluate Health Effects Due to Hazardous Substances
This unit covers the evaluation of health effects due to hazardous substances. It will include the principles in occupational toxicology, epidemiology and other relevant information for the evaluation of the health effects caused by hazardous substances commonly found at the workplace. This will enable you to anticipate and identify chemical hazards, take necessary precautionary measures against hazardous substances present at the workplace, monitor chemical exposure, and initiate timely intervention actions when the health effects are being detected among persons at work.
Who Should Attend
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- OH professionals such as OH Technicians
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH Officers
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational nurses and other occupational hygiene or occupational health professionals who are interested to learn about the health effects of common hazardous substances found at the workplace for the management of their risks
Total Training Hours: 40 hours
- Recognise the health effects arising from occupational exposure to hazardous substances
- Analyse the factors which impact the extent of harmful effects on the body systems and target organs
- Anticipate the risks and advise control measures to prevent ill-health effects
Mode of Assessment
- Written Report
- Written Test
- Oral Questioning
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and assessment of each training module, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level for English and Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level Science (Chemistry)
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
- Recommended to have 2 years working experience in any industry
Note: All Modules will be assessed according to full qualification. You may also be required to undergo a pre-qualifying test. Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected.
Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC LearningHub.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainee: Trainer Ratio 1:20
| || |
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.