Full program description
Cooling Water Treatment Management for Building’s Air-Conditioning System
Traditionally, air-conditioning systems maintenance is heavily focused on mechanical aspects. The programme enables maintenance professionals to gain a fresh perspective on Cooling Water Treatment Management, to complement existing maintenance practices.
Who Should Attend
Maintenance Technicians, Managers and other Professionals
- Industry outlook and needs for chemical water treatment knowledge. The importance of front-line facilities maintenance staff in managing cooling water treatment program at the site with competency and knowledge in the subject
- Water Treatment Fundamentals: Why need water treatment for building water-cooled air-conditioning system and its importance. Contributing factors and solutions for control of Scaling, Corrosion, Fouling and Microbiological growth in the chiller system. Reduces health hazard with good knowledge and respect to chemicals in use
- Success Factors for a good water treatment program. Understanding chemicals used, handling, feeding and control, reduce health hazard, chemical storage at site and water sampling technique. Site management checklist
- Legionella Bacteria control and its importance. The importance of shock treatment with oxidizing biocide, types to use and right application know-how for the result. Appropriate sampling for Legionella Bacteria and Standard Plate Count tests for the result
- How to interpret water analysis result to control, troubleshooting and understand current treatment status. Establishing a control limit
- Typical product and technologies used in Open and Closed loop systems water treatment. Factors to enhance field Feeding and Monitoring system, maintenance notes and selection criteria. Site visit checklist
- Understanding chemical Safety Data Sheet (SDS) importance and application
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
NTUC LearningHub and Kritonic Consultancy Services
- Understand the importance of chemical water treatment for Chiller systems
- Understand water treatment fundamentals
- Gain the ability to independently review and authenticate chemical treatment programs
- Gain professional know-how in chemical water treatment management, together with knowledge to interpret water analysis report for consistent result and increase work productivity
- Upgrade skills for Facilities staff, enhancing employability
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 20
Original Course Fee
After Non-Certifiable Funding ($2/per hour)
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding
- NTUC Union Members can use their UTAP Funding to offset course fee only after full deduction from their SkillsFuture Credit and PSEA funds (where applicable)
- Absentee Payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under SDF Scheme: Non-Certifiable Funding at $2.00/hr
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
All interested applicants are to submit the following documents to
email@example.com (Kindly indicate Full Name, and Course Title)
Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE O Level Certificate, ES-WPL SOA)
Evidence from SSG-approved training institutions on acceptance for WSH SDWSH, WSQ SDOH or specific modules under SDOH. (Official Receipt, Letter of acceptance, Email Confirmation)
Application Checklist - Please click here.
Note: Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC Learninghub.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.