Full program description
Control Noise and Vibration
Who Should Attend
The target audience of this competency unit may include:
- Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) professionals such as WSH
- Coordinators, Officers, and Auditors
- Occupational Hygiene (OH) professionals such as OH Technicians
- Occupational health professionals such as occupational health nurses and physicians
- Other professionals in OH-related fields such as ergonomics, human factors, occupational psychology, noise monitoring and control, acoustics, as well as engineering and facility management specialists require knowledge on the control of noise and vibration at the workplace
- Persons who want to be recognised by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower to advise occupiers and employers on noise control in factories and workplaces
- Persons who have completed the unit on Monitor Noise and Vibration
Total Training Hours: 16 hours
- Establish the objectives of noise control
- Determine the characteristics of noise and vibration hazard sources
- Analyse the characteristics of noise and vibration sources
- Determine the control methods for noise and vibration hazards
- The implementation of noise and vibration control process
- Evaluate the effectiveness of noise and vibration control measures
Mode of Assessment
- Written Report
- Written Test
- Oral Questioning
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon successful completion and assessment of each training module, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA).
Literacy and Numeracy
- WSQ Employability Skills Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 6; or
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level for English and Mathematics
- Grade C6 in GCE O Level Science (Physics)
Other relevant skills and knowledge
- Attended the WSQ competency unit titled Monitor Noise and Vibration (OH-PH-501C)
- Attended MOMs Accredited Noise Monitoring Course
Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge
- Recommended to have 2 years working experience in any industry
Note: All Modules will be assessed according to full qualification. You may also be required to undergo a pre-qualifying test. Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected.
Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC LearningHub.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer: Trainee Ratio 1: 20
| || |
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.