Full program description
Bridging Course - Mathematics
What's In It For Me
- Understand numbers and the four operations
- Learn about percentage, ratio, rate and proportion
- Acquire skills on the calculation of speed, algebra and applications of mathematics
The Mathematics Bridging Course is aimed at strengthening the mathematical foundation of individuals, thus enhancing accessibility of individuals without the relevant academic qualifications to undertake modular or full qualification programmes in the:
- Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health (SDWSH) under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Professionals WSQ framework and/or,
- Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene (SDOH) under the Occupational Hygiene Professionals (OHP) WSQ framework.
Who Should Attend
The Course will be relevant to Candidates seeking to upgrade through the modular and/or full qualification programmes in the SDOH and who do not possess the entry requirements for Mathematics.
- Numbers and the four operations
- Ratio, rate and proportion
- Applications of mathematics
- Pythagoras theorem and trigonometry
- Coordinate Geometry
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who achieved 75% attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Participation which may be used to apply for the Written Assessment conducted at Ngee Ann Polytechnic or Singapore Polytechnic within 3 months upon completion of course.
1) GCE O Level Credit in English (C6 and above) or ES WPL (Reading, Speaking, Listening & Writing) Level 6; AND
2) Evidence of eligibility to apply for or having applied to either the SDWSH or SDOH or modular courses under the WSQ Occupational Hygiene Professionals at any of the SSG-approved training institutions
To be eligible for the course, applicants must provide the above documents.
Absentee Payroll apply for course start date from 05 December 2014.
The course reference code: CRS-Q-0030512
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy *UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
|Individual Pricing||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||S$880.00||S$941.60|
|SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old (70% funding)||S$264.00||S$282.48|
|SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old (90% funding)||S$88.00||S$106.48|
|WTS Funding (95%)||S$44.00||S$62.48|
|Corporate Pricing||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||S$880.00 ||S$941.60 |
|After CET Funding for Companies (70% funding) ||S$264.00 ||S$282.48 |
|SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old (90% funding) ||S$88.00 ||S$106.48 |
|WTS Funding (95% funding) ||S$44.00||S$62.48|
|Note: Companies are to claim the 20% for Mid Career trainees or 25% for WTS trainees directly with SSG |
|Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $4.50 per hour. (Non-SME)|
|Absentee Payroll of 80% of basic hourly salary, capped at $7.50 per hour. (SME)|
Note: SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR
SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
All interested applicants are to submit the following documents to
email@example.com (Kindly indicate Full Name, and Course Title)
1) Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE O Level Certificate, ES-WPL SOA)
2) Evidence from SSG-approved training institutions on acceptance for WSH SDWSH, WSQ SDOH or specific modules under SDOH. (Official Receipt, Letter of acceptance, Email Confirmation)
3) Application Checklist - Please Click here.
Note: Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC Learninghub