Full program description
Bridging Course - Chemistry
What's In It For Me
- Learn about the periodic table of chemicals, and the separation processes
- Learn about kinetic particle theory, as well as atomic structure
- Learn about the structure and properties of materials
The Chemistry Bridging Course is aimed at strengthening the chemistry foundation of individuals, thus enhancing accessibility of individuals without the relevant academic qualifications to undertake modular or full qualification programmes in the:
- Specialist Diploma in Occupational Hygiene (SDOH) under the Occupational Hygiene Professionals (OHP) WSQ framework.
Who Should Attend
The Course will be relevant to Candidates seeking to upgrade through the modular and/or full qualification programmes in the SDOH and who do not possess the entry requirements for Chemistry.
- Periodic Table of Chemicals
- Separation processes
- Kinetic particle theory
- Atomic structure
- Structure and properties of materials
- Ionic bonding
- Covalent bonding
- Formulae, Stoichiometry and the Mole Concept
- Chemical Reactions
- Acids, Bases and Salts
- Organic Chemistry
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who achieved 75% attendance will be awarded a Certificate of Participation which may be used to apply for the Written Assessment conducted at Ngee Ann Polytechnic or Singapore Polytechnic within 3 months upon completion of course.
1) GCE O Level Credit in English (C6 and above) or ES WPL (Reading, Speaking, Listening & Writing) Level 6; AND
2) Candidates must obtain proof of registration into the SDOH modular or full qualification programmes from a SSG Approved Training Organisation (ATO) at the point of registration for the Course
To be eligible for the course, applicants must provide the above documents.
The course reference code: CRS-N-0030514
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy * UTAP benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
|w/o GST|| |
Original Course Fee
| S$880.00 || S$941.60 |
| Corporate Pricing || |
| Original Course Fee ||S$880.00 || S$941.60 |
|After SDF Funding ($2/per hour)||S$816.00||S$877.60|
All interested applicants are to submit the following documents to
firstname.lastname@example.org (Kindly indicate Full Name, and Course Title)
1) Copies of your academic certificate/result slip/ transcript (GCE O Level Certificate, ES-WPL SOA)
2) Evidence from SSG-approved training institutions on acceptance for WSH SDWSH, WSQ SDOH or specific modules under SDOH. (Official Receipt, Letter of acceptance, Email Confirmation)
3) Application Checklist - Please Click here.
Note: Applications without ALL the above required supporting documents will be considered incomplete and rejected. Payment is to be made after receiving an email of course acceptance from NTUC Learninghub.