Full program description
Using The ForScore App To Edit And Manage Digital Music Scores In Rehearsal And Performance
Collaborative music production and performances always involve fluid processes, constantly needing annotation, editing, and management of draft documents. ForScore is an application which affords on-the-spot annotation on musical scores, and organises file management. With such an application, musicians are able to play directly from their latest drafts, easily retrieving the right versions, referencing older drafts if necessary.
Using the ForScore app to edit and manage digital music scores in rehearsal and performance enables learners to come up with their best strategies to use this software application in their own contexts.
Who Should Attend
- Music Instructors
LU 1: Operate the interface and controls of ForScore.
- Understanding the user interface and controls of ForScore, including turning pages, viewing modes, controls, seek and zoom
- Customising ForScore view and using Reflow
- Associating audio tracks with scores
LU 2: Add annotations, text and edits to the score.
- Purchasing and scanning scores for ForScore
- Working with layers and selection, annotation, and drawing tools
- Configuring setting for efficient use of ForScore
LU 3: Organise and share score data with ForScore.
- Creating folders and set lists.
- Using meta-data for smart organising
- Sharing scores over Dropbox and Airdrop
LU 4: Apply common industry practices and applications for ForScore.
- Tips and tricks from professional user
Mode of Assessment
Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Import PDF scores into ForScore
- Organise the scores in into folders and create set lists
- Create layers and annotate with text and shapes
- Develop a personalised workflow in score notation and organisation on ForScore
You would need to download the following software before attending the VLC class:
- iPad and/or Macbook installed with ForScore app
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Virtual Learning Classroom
Original Course Fee
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (non-UNION members)
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (UNION members)*
fee calculated after upfront
UTAP claim, provided trainees UTAP is enough to claim
Course not ready for Skills Future Credit claim.
Course fee is only funded for Self-Employed Persons (SEPs) with Letter of Eligibility (LOE).
See more at NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) here.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.