Full program description
NICF - MTA: Database Fundamentals (SF)
What's In It For Me
- Enhance your understanding of IT fundamentals in database.
- Prepare yourself for a career path in IT.
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0032125-ICT
This three-day MTA Training course helps you build an understanding of these topics: Core Database Concepts, Creating Database Objects, Manipulating Data, Data Storage, and Administering a Database.
MTA is for individuals who are new to computer technology and/or have a need to validate their knowledge of fundamental concepts before moving on to more advanced IT certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD).
MTA is positioned to become the premier credential for individuals seeking to explore and pursue a career in technology, or augment related pursuits such as business or any other field where technology is pervasive. If youre already in a job, MTA can give you the fundamental IT knowledge you need to contribute to business and technology decisions in a more meaningful way.
Who Should Attend
Anyone starting their IT career path or are looking to enhance their understanding of IT fundamentals in Database Technologies.
3 Days / 24 Hours
Understanding Core Database Concepts
- Understanding Database Concepts
- Understanding Flat-Type Databases
- Understanding Hierarchical Databases
- Understanding Relational Databases
- Understanding Database Fundamentals
- Understanding Relational Database Concepts
- Using the SQL Server Management Studio Interface
- Understanding Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- Understanding Data Definition Language (DDL)
- Using DDL Statements
Creating Database Objects
- Defining Data Types
- Using Built-in Data Types
- Using Exact Numeric Data Types
- Using Approximate Numeric Data Types
- Creating and Using Tables
- Creating Views
- Creating Stored Procedures
- Understanding SQL Injections
- Using Queries to Select Data
- Combining Conditions
- Using the BETWEEN Clause
- Using the NOT Clause
- Using the UNION Clause
- Using the EXCEPT and INTERSECT Clauses
- Using the JOIN Clause
- Using Queries to Insert Data
- Inserting Data
- Updating Data and Databases
- Using the UPDATE Statement
- Deleting Data
- Using the DELETE Statement
- Truncating a Table with TRUNCATE TABLE
- Deleting a Table with DROP TABLE
- Using the DELETE Statement
- Using Referential Integrity
Understanding Data Storage
- Normalizing a Database
- Understanding Normalization
- Understanding the First Normal Form
- Understanding the Second Normal Form
- Understanding the Third Normal Form
- Understanding the Fourth Normal Form
- Understanding the Fifth Normal Form
- Understanding Primary, Foreign, and Composite Keys
- Understanding Primary Keys
- Understanding Foreign Keys
- Understanding Composite Primary Keys
- Understanding Clustered and Non-clustered Indexes
- Understanding Clustered Indexes
- Understanding Non-clustered Indexes
- Creating a Non-clustered Table
Administering a Database
- Securing Databases
- Understanding Server-Level Security
- Understanding Database-Level Security
- Understanding Windows Security
- Understanding SQL Authentication
- Understanding Database Server Roles
- Granting Access to a Database
- Understanding Fixed Database Roles
- Understanding Object Permissions
- Managing Roles
- Understanding Ownership Chains
- Reviewing a Sample Security Model
- Backing Up and Restoring Databases
- Understanding Recovery Models
- Understanding Database Backups
- Understanding Backup Devices
- Understanding Database Restores
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded with Statements of Attainment (SOAs) from SSG.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand Core Database Concepts,
- Create Database Objects,
- Manipulate Data,
- Understand Data Storage, and
- Administer a Database.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Operating System and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel on tasks like storing data and deriving formulas.
- Basic knowledge on client-server networking (or) completed MTA: Networking Fundamentals course
- Basic background on any forms of a scripting language (or) completed MTA: Software Development Fundamentals course
- Participants with no background must attend IT Fundamentals Part 1 before attending this course.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00||$900.00||$963.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$540.00||$603.00||$540.00||$603.00||$90.00||$153.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$90.00||$153.00||$90.00||$153.00||$90.00||$153.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$45.00||$108.00||$45.00||$108.00||$45.00||$108.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset
course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees