Full program description
Mastering the Fundamentals of Sibelius
Musicians are often composing, arranging and notating scores manually by hand. However, legibility and productivity suffers where collaborators of the production team have to check manuscripts and process the notation for their own digital workflow.
Mastering how to use Sibelius, an industry-standard music notation software affords clear engraving quality in digital music scores, and facilitates convenient software manipulation and transfer of music scores across digital devices. This training will build confident use of Sibelius by reviewing music theory, practicing fundamental operation of Sibelius functions, formatting the score for a lead sheet, and using the appropriate tools to create a musical score.
Who Should Attend
- Music Instructors
- Content Creators
LU1: Creating a new score
- Formatting and creating a new score
- Setting the Tempo, Time Signature, Key Signature
- Adding bars and deleting bars
- Adding notes, rests and accidentals to the score
LU2: Adding chords and lyrics to a score
- Adding chords and lyrics to the notes to create a lead sheet
LU3: Applying transposition to a score
- Transposing the entire score to another key
LU4: Exporting scores to various file formats
- Exporting Scores to .mid, .mp3, .pdf, .sib formats
Mode of Assessment
Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Create a new Sibelius file from scratch
- Enter musical notes, chord symbols and lyrics to create a lead sheet
- Export the file into various formats
Basic Music Theory
You would need to download the following software before attending the VLC class:
- Macbook installed with Sibelius software (Trail version)
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Virtual Learning Classroom
Original Course Fee
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (non-UNION members)
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (UNION members)*
*Course fee calculated after upfront UTAP claim, provided trainees UTAP is enough to claim
Course not ready for Skills Future Credit claim.
Course fee is only
funded for Self-Employed Persons (SEPs) with Letter of Eligibility (LOE).
See more at NTUC Training Fund (SEPs) here.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.