Full program description
NICF – MySQL and PHP: Developing Dynamic Web Applications
What's In It For Me
- Provide the necessary knowledge
to design and develop dynamic, database-driven Web pages using WordPress which
is developed using PHP and MySQL.
- Learn to use WordPress tools to
easily develop beautiful Web sites quickly like a professional!
- Learn how to use WordPress as a
Content Management System for Web Development.
This course is scheduled for launch in Q2 2018 Q3 2018. To express your interest in this course, please fill up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6MBPSFV. We will contact you when we get closer to course launch date.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF122
WordPress is used to create, launch, and maintain dynamic websites. WordPress is hailed as one of the most popular Content Management System (CMS) available today which is a database-driven web development application powered by PHP and MySQL.
Understand how to install and configure WordPress, and to create and manage content. Learn how to add functionality to suit the Web site with WordPress plugins. Learn how to make your website look great with WordPress Themes.
Hands-on exercises are integrated throughout to reinforce leaning and develop competency.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who require a basic
understanding of the WordPress to build dynamic Web pages.
- Everyone interested in
- Using different themes and plugins to make the websites looking beautiful.
- Customizing themes and plugins to customize the appearance of Web pages.
4 Days / 32 Hours
Overview of WordPress
- Software Development Cycle
- Front-end and Back-end
- Content Management System
- Introduction to WordPress
Setting up WordPress Software
- Software Hosting
- Software Installation
- MySQL Database
- Updating, backing-up, Migrating and Importing
- Software Licensing and Release
Exploring WordPress.com Dashboard
- WordPress Features
- Getting Started
- Starting to Blog
- Tools & Settings
- Exploring Dashboard
Creating a Website using WordPress.com
- Setting up
- Writing your blog
- Customize theme
- Updating Site
- Creating Menu
- Managing Users
- Managing Traffics
- Multisites and Limitation
- Setting up
- Tools and Settings
- Managing users
- Comments and Categories
- Write a Post and a Blog
- Upload Media Library
- Custom Fields
- What is a Theme and
- Finding Themes
- Adding Themes
- Examining Themes
- Different Themes
- Finding and Uploading Plugins
- Updating Plugins
- Exploring Plugins
Exploring SEO and Social Media
- Introducing Database
- Putting it Altogether
Web Usability and Image Graphics
- Graphics and Software
- Web Design Guidelines
- HTML Coding Standard
- CSS Coding Standard
- PHP Coding Standard
- Basic anatomy of a Theme
- Customizing Theme
- Examining Parent and Child
- Diving into Theme Development
- Plugins Foundation
- Integrating in WordPress
- Best Practice
- Security, Settings
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After completing the course, students can proceed to undertake the NICF Programming in PHP training or NICF MySQL Fundamentals or other related training courses.
For students who had paid for certification examination(s), they will receive a printed instruction voucher or email instructions during the class period to allow them to book the relevant computer-based examination for their course (e.g. exam 77-418: Word 2013 Core for students taking Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word 2013).
As we recognize that every individual has different studying pace, we will allow everyone to make a choice when they are ready to take the examination*. So, they can register for their examination date by proceeding to level 3 Room G Exam Department at our NTUC Trade Union House center to book their examination upon receipt of the instruction voucher/ email instructions.
*Subjected to terms and conditions and schedule availability. The exam department cannot register for your examination if the voucher provided by the official vendor has expired. The instruction voucher or email instructions will not indicate the expiry date.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course and assessment, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
- IT-IS-305S-1 Develop program
NICF PHP & MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites
After students pass the exam, they will receive an NICF PHP & MYSQL for Dynamic Web Sites certification.
- Describe fundamental aspects of the WordPress application, and be able to use them to develop a web application.
- Apply the knowledge of HTML5, CSS, PHP and MySQL to customize the WordPress application.
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application to meet functional requirements to meet user business needs.
- Customize a theme of WordPress application program.
- Customize a plug-in of WordPress application program.
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
But it is recommended (but not mandatory) those participants:
- Have attended the NICF
Programming in PHP.
- Have attended the NICF MySQL
- Recognize basic concepts of the
HTML and CSS.
- Know the basic computer skills
of using the Word document.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25