Full program description
NICF - Microsoft Azure Administrator (SF)
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF039
Microsoft Course Code: AZ-103T00
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0037956-ICT
Azure Administrators implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, and security.
The advantages of becoming a Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate:
- Show that you are keeping pace with todays technical roles and requirements.
- Skill up, prove your expertise to employers and peers, and get the recognition and opportunities youve earned.
- Upon earning a certification, 23% of Microsoft certified technologists reported receiving up to a 20% salary increase. Whats more, certified employees are often entrusted with supervising their peersputting them on the fast track for a promotion.
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
This course will prepare participants to sit for Exam AZ-103, which will lead to Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification
Who Should Attend
This course is for Azure Administrators. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking, and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle. They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor, and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient, they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
5 Days / 40 Hours
Module 1: Azure Administration
In this module, youll learn about to tooling Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, Resource Manager, and Resource Manager Templates. The demonstrations in this module will ensure you are successful in the course labs.
- Azure Portal and Cloud Shell
- Azure PowerShell and CLI
- Resource Manager
- ARM Templates
Module 2: Azure Virtual Machines
In this module, youll learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions.
- Virtual Machine Planning
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Virtual Machine Availability
- Virtual Machine Extensions
Lab: Deploy and Manage Virtual Machines
Lab: Virtual Machines and Scale Sets
Module 3: Azure Storage
In this module, youll learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files, and storage security.
- Storage Accounts
- Azure Blobs
- Azure Files
- Storage Security
Lab: Implement and Manage Storage
Module 4: Virtual Networking
In this module, youll learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks, IP addressing, Azure DNS, and network security groups.
- Virtual Networks
- IP Addressing and Endpoints
- Azure DNS
- Network Security Groups
Lab: Configure Azure DNS
Module 5: Intersite Connectivity
In this module, youll learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, VNet-to-VNet connections, Site-to-Site Connections, and ExpressRoute.
- VNet Peering
- VNet-to-VNet Connections
- ExpressRoute Connections
Lab: VNet Peering and Service Chaining
Module 6: Monitoring
In this module, youll learn about monitoring your Azure infrastructure including Azure Monitor, alerting, log analytics, and Network Watcher.
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
Lab: Network Watcher
Module 7: Data Protection
In this module, youll learn about data replication strategies, backing up files and folders, and virtual machine backups.
- Data Replication
- File and Folder Backups
- Virtual Machine Backups
Lab: Azure Site Recovery Between Regions
Module 8: Network Traffic Management
In this module, youll learn about network traffic strategies including service endpoints, network routing, Azure Load Balancer, and Azure Traffic Manager.
- Network Routing
- Azure Load Balancer
- Azure Traffic Manager
Lab: Load Balancer and Traffic Manager
Module 9: Azure Active Directory
In this module, youll learn about Azure Active Directory (AD) including Azure AD Connect and Azure AD Join.
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Connect
- Azure AD Join
Lab: Implement Directory Synchronization
Module 10: Securing Identities
In this module, youll learn how to secure identities including Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Self-Service Password Reset.
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Self-Service Password Reset
Lab: Azure AD Identity Protection
Lab: Self-Service Password Reset
Module 11: Governance and Compliance
In this module, youll learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts including role-based access control, users and groups, and Azure policy.
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Users and Groups
- Azure Policy
Lab: Role-Based Access Control
Lab: Governance and Compliance
Module 12: Data Services
In this module, you'll learn how to effectively share data using Import and Export service, Data Box, Content Delivery Network, and File Sync.
- Content Delivery Network
- File Sync
- Import and Export Service
- Data Box
Mode of Assessment
Participants must complete a paper-based assessment during the class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
1. Certificate of Achievement from Microsoft
Certificate of Achievement from Microsoft will be issued to participants who have met at least 75% attendance and passed the prescribed assessment(s).
2. Statement of Attainment from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Upon meeting at least 75% attendance and passing the assessment(s), Statement of Attainment (SOAs) will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to certify that the participant has achieved the following Competency Standard(s):
- Infrastructure Deployment (ICT-DIT-3008-1.1)
NTUC LearningHub reserves the right not to disclose any information on the assessment process.
3. External Certification Exam
Upon passing Exam AZ-103, participant will receive Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate certification from Microsoft.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1:16
NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) with Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
Original Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees