Full program description
Turn your writing inspiration into action. Begin by piecing ideas together to write your own personal, fictitious or non-fictitious story and end with the creation of your own digital book using Pages. Here, you will learn the basic concepts of storyboarding and the process of publishing.
Come be part of this book authoring project that can be showcased as part of your living legacy. Step-by-step guides will be provided for you during the class.
Who Should Attend
Matured Adults or Seniors who have a keen interest in learning the basic concepts of book authoring and understand the process of creating a digital book.
Mode of Assessment
There is no assessment for this course.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to you after attending the complete series of 5 courses.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand storyboarding and create an interactive digital book for publishing
- Use the main features of Pages to add photo, text and sound clips
- Understand the issues of copyright, privacy and cyber-security
Prior to attending this course, you should:
- Know the functions of a mobile device.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Have a keen interest to acquire new knowledge and willingness to learn a new skill.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction & Trainer:
- Instructor-Led Class
- Trainer: Student Ratio is 1:20
- Apple iPad will be used to facilitate learning
Course Fee Payable
NSA Subsidy, >=50 yrs old
Note: NSA Subsidy is only applicable for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 years and above
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
When you sign in to your SkillsConnect account, please use the course reference number SIJ-LHUB-EL-05 to find this course.