Full program description
Security Officer Self Protection (SOSP)
Enable trainee to acquire the abilities and knowledge on the self-protection against potential workplace violence and aggressor behaviour.
Who Should Attend
Suitable for anyone who protects the safety and security of self and others.
- 7 hours, Classroom Facilitation
- Lectures 30%
- Practical 70%
- 1 hour, Assessment
The course will cover the following skills at basic level 1.
Neutralizing an aggressor from further abuse or possible assault
- Proper stance to avoid sudden attack
- Communication skills against an aggressor (e.g. Drunkard)
- Mind diversion skills (Decoy theory)
- Negotiation skills
Neutralizing an adverse threat from visitor or assailant etc (IERE)
- Identify the types of threat training
- Evade from the direct threat or danger training
- React to neutralize from the threat or danger
- Escape from the danger or threat training
Mode of Assessment
1 hour (1/2 hour for Written Test and 1/2 hour for Scenario Test)
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub
Equips the security personnel with knowledge and skills on how to handle potentially violent and aggressive behaviours at the workplace.
- At least a lower secondary educational qualification
- Be able to listen and speak in English at WPLN Level 4
- Be able to read and write in English at WPLN Level 4
- Must be medically fit
- No physical impairment or any form of infirmity
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Trainer to Trainee Ratio 1: 20
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.