Full program description
Fraud & Misconduct Investigation Course
What is the use of all the technology and processes to prevent fraud when you do not take into account collision? Syndicated and insider fraud offenders are aware of the measures employed to apprehend them and can devise countermeasures to circumvent detection. You need fraud investigation techniques to stop such fraud. This course will provide the principles, process and best practices culled from over 30 years of diverse investigation experience for such a system. At the end of this workshop, practical application on real past cases will be used to allow participants to apply the skills and knowledge taught.
Who Should Attend
Participants of this course could be from:
- Private Investigators
- Investigation Assistants
- Security Directors, Managers and Executives
- HR Directors, Managers and Executives
- Directors, Managers and Executives
- Anyone who has functional responsibilities to investigate
Fraud Detection Fundamentals
- Factors critical to an effective whistleblower program
- Fraud profile and pattern analysis
- Legal & evidential issues relating to fraud
- Screening & monitoring system to detect fraud
- Fraud detection techniques including GHOST Protocol (invisible measures with visible results)
With the innovative concept of 5 Pistons of an investigation below applied in the fraud, misconduct and syndicated investigation context, you will be able to do so and much more.
- Interview techniques: Conducting integrity interview
- Forensic: How investigators identify suspect forged documents
- Intelligence: Analysis of Profit, Physical & Paper trail leading to the fraudster
- Industry/Insider Knowledge: Common pattern and profile of fraud
- Technology supporting the above pistons: Using surveillance tools
Documentation of Investigation
- Recording action taken, directions & other records
- Best practices in investigation diary, correspondence & evidence records
Essentials of an Investigation Report
- Effective presentation of factual reports
- Identifying evidence supporting factual analysis
- Best practices in completing incident and investigation reports
- Practical in report writing based on a customised scenario
A practical on report writing based on the customised scenarios will be conducted at the end of the course where participants will apply the knowledge taught in putting up an investigation report.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
- Understand the processes of an effective whistleblower program
- Appreciate the legal & evidential issues in fraud offences
- Apply the fraud detection techniques including GHOST Protocol
- Understand investigation methodology and apply the 5 Pistons method
- Adopt the best practices in conducting investigations
- Understand the evidential requirements supporting the investigation report
- Adopt the appropriate best practices and avoid the common mistakes
No course fee funding (UTAP upon approval)
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.