Full program description
NICF - Data Appreciation for Operations (SF) (Windows Only)
For SEP Schedule, please click here.
The main purpose of the course is to give you the ability to add analysis capabilities to Excel spreadsheets and to provide you with a foundation to learn about more advanced data analytics with Excel or Power BI.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
2 Days / 16 Hours (including 2 hrs of assessment)
Reporting in Excel
- Filtering and Formatting Data
- Excel Data Tables
- Summarising Data
Pivot Tables and Pivot
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
- Editing Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Creating a Dashboard
- Data Analysis in Excel Pivot Tables
- Time Data
The Excel Data Model
- Using an Excel Data Model
- External Data
Explore an Excel Data Model
- Add Multiple Tables
- Create Relationships
- Add External Data
Mode of Assessment
You must complete a paper-based assessment during the class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Statement of Attainment from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Upon meeting at least 75% attendance and passing the assessment(s), Statement of Attainment (SOAs) will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to certify that the participant has achieved the following Competency Standard(s):
- in Collect and validate data (ICT-DIT-2005-1.1)
NTUC LearningHub reserves the right not to disclose any information on the assessment process.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the project life cycle of data analytics
- Working with different data sources
- Appreciate how data affects an organisation
- Different types of data product
Before attending this course, you must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas
You would need to download the following software before attending the VLC class:
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft Access 2016
* We will use ZOOM as the training platform and webcam and Mic are compulsory
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio is 1: 20
This course is available only for company-sponsored candidates who are working for organisations that have enrolled in NTUCs Company Training Committee (CTC)
Full Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
- Singaporeans / PRs sponsored by SMEs will be eligible to claim additional 20% funding ($156) via SkillsConnect
- Singaporeans aged >= 40 years of age, regardless of sponsored by SME or Non-SME will be eligible to claim additional 20% funding ($156) via SkillsConnect
- Singaporeans aged >=35 years & earning a salary <= $2,000 per month will be eligible to claim additional 25% funding ($195) via SkillsConnect
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.