Full program description
NICF – Cybersecurity Awareness Programme (SF)
For SEP Schedule, please click here.
Technology alone is not enough to prevent major data breaches and cyber-attacks. Security is dependent on Leadership, senior management and employee education and training. Cybersecurity is one of the fastest-growing industries and sensitive topics across nearly all professional sectors. Understanding the cyber terminology, threats and opportunities are now critical for professionals.
Cybint Security (Protection) is the leading cybersecurity programme in the cyber education industry. This programme is the product of a collaboration between Israeli military-trained cybersecurity experts and education experts and is trusted around the globe.
The programme brings real-world threats and scenarios to equip Leadership and senior management with the skills to protect themselves in the cyberworld. LHUB brings this programme to Singapore through a partnership with Cybint.
Who Should Attend
This course is an experiential course led by an Ethical Hacker as a trainer. It is meant for:
- Company-wide deployment of Cybersecurity literacy training to inculcate real behavioural change to adhere to Cybersecurity best practices
- Leadership and senior management to gain intimate understanding of the mechanics in which hackers can compromise their enterprise data, enabling them to make informed decisions in designing projects and processes
1 Day / 8 Hours
Introduction to Cybersecurity and Cyber Crimes
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Common Cybersecurity Threats
- Cyber Criminals
- Famous Attacks
Demo #1 - Google Hacking and Shodan Hacking
- Finding leaked credentials
Demonstration to showcase the exposure of leaked credentials in online repositories (e.g. Pastebin.com) or in online shared workspaces (e.g. Trello.com).
- Google Hacking
Demonstration on how simple it is to hack a network printer/router/web camera using Google Hacking techniques and default credentials.
Demonstration to present Shodan.io - The search engine for IoT and present how it can be used to easily detect and hack network devices.
Accounts and Credentials Security
- Password cracking techniques - Brute Force and Dictionary Attack
- Tools to test and create a strong password
- Leaked Credentials
- From one account to all accounts
- Account breach detection methods
- Prevention and protection methods
Hardware Exploits and Mobile Security
- USB Drives
- Wearable Devices
- Remote Takeover
- Shodan Search Engine
Demo #2 - Wi-Fi Security Man in The Middle
- Demonstration to show the trainees how easy it is for hackers to steal sensitive information from unaware users by setting up traps in the form of WiFi networks
Wi-Fi Security and Safe Browsing
- What is WiFi
- Attacking WiFi Networks
- Attacking via WiFi (Man in The Middle attacks, Evil Twin)
- Prevention methods (VPN, SSL, etc.)
Demo #3 - Social Networks Profiling for Social Engineering
- Demonstration to show the trainees how much information about them is exposed on the internet through social networks and online databases, that can be used for planning sophisticated Social Engineering campaigns against them
Social Engineering and Ransomware
- Social Engineering
- Spoofing of email address, phone numbers, voice, etc.
- Avoidance Techniques
Demo #4 - Phone spoofing, and Email Spoofing demonstration
- Demonstration is to show that the methods hackers employ to mask their email address and phone number to increase the efficacy of their scams.
Mode of Assessment
Participants must complete a paper-based assessment during the class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Statement of Attainment from SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
Upon meeting at least 75% attendance and passing the assessment(s), Statement of Attainment (SOAs) will be issued by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) to certify that the participant has achieved the following Competency Standard(s):
Operations and User Support/Threat Intelligence and Detection ICT- OUS- 2015- 1.1
NTUC LearningHub reserves the right not to disclose any information on the assessment process
No pre-requisite is required
This course is available only for company-sponsored candidates who are working for organisations that have enrolled in NTUCs Company Training Committee (CTC)
Full Course Fee
Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above
Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above
- Singaporeans / PRs sponsored by SMEs will be eligible to claim additional 20% funding ($80) via SkillsConnect
- Singaporeans aged >= 40 years of age, regardless of sponsored by SME or Non-SME will be eligible to claim additional 20% funding ($80) via SkillsConnect
- Singaporeans aged >=35 years & earning a salary <= $2,000 per month will be eligible to claim additional 25% funding ($100) via SkillsConnect
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.