Full program description
NICF - Project Management Fundamentals (SF)
What's In It For Me
- Gain an introductory level knowledge of project management practices.
- Work together with certified Project Management Professionals.
- Start, build or advance their careers in project management.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF021
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0036594-ICT
Projects and Project Management works involve a team of people contributing their diverse individual expertise toward achieving a common objective or goal. As the goal of a project is the coordination of an organizations resources and aggregate effort of its contributors, the success of a project lies largely on the ability of its team members to work together toward the common goal.
Project Management Fundamentals is a -1-day non-certification programme designed with the objective of presenting an introductory level knowledge of project management practices to non-project specialists to enable the learning of project management practices without the overwhelming jargons of a formal project management framework. Upon completion this course, participants will be well-placed to attend the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) course that will present the Project Management Framework and methodology of the Project Management Institute PMI.
Who Should Attend
Anyone from any domain of work and at any level of specialist or project work seeking to understand more about project management and to contribute more effectively to their organizations project.
1 Day / 8 Hours
- Project and Project Management
- Project Characteristics
- Key Roles and Responsibilities in a Project
- How Projects are Governed
- The Project Management Office (PMO)
- Gathering Knowledge about Customers Needs
- Defining Activities needed to Deliver the Project
- The Project Scope of Work
- The Project Timeline
- The Project Costs and Budget
- Managing Project Communications
- Driving the Project Works
- Tracking the Project Works
- Closing the Project
Mode of Assessment
This programme does not lead to any certification. Participants however, will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during the class. Upon successful completion of the course, a certification of completion will be presented to each participant.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
PMI and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
This course will enable participants to:
- Demonstrate understanding of projects and project management works
- Work with certified Project Management Professionals
- Enhance their specialist works by contributing more effectively to projects
- Start, build or advance their careers in project management
You should be working in a role as part of a larger group of contributors, to deliver a result for the organization.
** This course is suitable for an individual from any domain of work and in a job role that meets the above pre-requisites.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- SkillsFuture Credit
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
- Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$350.00||$374.50||$350.00||$374.50||$350.00||$374.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$230.00||$254.50||$230.00||$254.50||$35.00||$59.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$35.00||$59.50||$35.00||$59.50||$35.00||$59.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$17.50||$42.00||$17.50||$42.00||$17.50||$42.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).