Full program description
NICF - Project Management Fundamentals
What's In It For Me
- Gain an introductory level knowledge of project management practices.
- Work together with a certified Project Management Professional.
- Start, build or advance their careers in project management.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF021
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0030268-IT
Projects and Project Management works involve a team of people contributing their diverse individual expertise toward achieving a common objective or goal. As the goal of a project is the coordination of an organization’s resources and aggregate effort of its contributors, the success of a project lies largely on the ability of its team members to work together toward the common goal.
This programme is designed with the objective of presenting an introductory level knowledge of project management practices to non-project specialists to enable the learning of project management practices without the overwhelming jargons of a formal project management framework.
Who Should Attend
Anyone from any domain of work and at any level of specialist or project work seeking to understand more about project management and to contribute more effectively to their organizations’ project.
1 Day / 8 Hours
- Project and Project Management
- Project Characteristics
- Key Roles and Responsibilities in a Project
- How Projects are Governed
- The Project Management Office (PMO)
- Gathering Knowledge about Customer’s Needs
- Defining Activities needed to Deliver the Project
- The Project Scope of Work
- The Project Timeline
- The Project Costs and Budget
- Managing Project Communications
- Driving the Project Works
- Tracking the Project Works
- Closing the Project
Mode of Assessment
Participants will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during the class.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
This course will enable participants to:
- Demonstrate understanding of projects and project management works
- Work with a certified Project Management Professionals
- Enhance their specialist works by contributing more effectively to projects
- Start, build or advance their careers in project management
There is no prerequisite for attending this course.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- SkillsFuture Credit
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$350.00||$374.50||$350.00||$374.50||$350.00||$374.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$230.00||$254.50||$230.00||$254.50||$35.00||$59.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$35.00||$59.50||$35.00||$59.50||$35.00||$59.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$17.50||$42.00||$17.50||$42.00||$17.50||$42.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees