Full program description
Fundamentals of Project Management
Projects and Project Management works involve a team of people contributing their diverse individual expertise toward achieving a common objective or goal. As the goal of a project is the coordination of an organizations resources and aggregate effort of its contributors, the success of a project lies largely on the ability of its team members to work together toward the common goal.
This 1-day course is designed with the objective of presenting an introductory level knowledge of project management practices to non-project specialists to enable the learning of project management practices without the overwhelming jargons of a formal project management framework. Upon completion this course, participants will be well-placed to attend the Certified Associate in Project Management CAPM course that will present the Project Management Framework and methodology of the Project Management Institute PMI.
Who Should Attend
Anyone from any domain of work and at any level of specialist or project work seeking to understand more about project management and to contribute more effectively to their organizations project.
1 Day / 7 Hours
- Project and Project Management
- Project Characteristics
- Key Roles and Responsibilities in a Project
- How Projects are Governed
- The Project Management Office (PMO)
- Gathering Knowledge about Customers Needs
- Defining Activities needed to Deliver the Project
- The Project Scope of Work
- The Project Timeline
- The Project Costs and Budget
- Managing Project Communications
- Driving the Project Works
- Tracking the Project Works
- Closing the Project
This course will enable participants to:
- Demonstrate understanding of projects and project management works
- Work with certified Project Management Professionals
- Enhance their specialist works by contributing more effectively to projects
- Start, build or advance their careers in project management
You should be working in a role as part of a larger group of contributors, to deliver a result for the organization.
** This course is suitable for an individual from any domain of work and in a job role that meets the above pre-requisites.
|Original course fee||$374.50 (with GST)|
|After funding for NTUC Union Member||$20 (with GST)|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees