Full program description
Fundamentals of Agile and Scrum
Agile is the buzz word in the industry as of now for Project Management. This methodology describes about how to embrace change. The main advantage of agile is working on the customers changing requirements and bringing value to the organization.
The purpose of this one-day course is to enable professionals to know how to deliver incrementally and iteratively and what is advantage of using agile over traditional approach.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone aspiring to know what is agile methodology
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted.
- Product management professionals who are working on iterative and incremental delivery
1 Day / 7 Hours
Introduction to agile
- Agile methodology
- Difference between traditional waterfall approach and agile
- Differentiate iterative, incremental and agile methods
- What makes agile unique
- What are the enticing factors in agile
- Why agile is the trend?
Principles of agile (building blocks of agile)
- What to take note of, whenever agile is going to be planned
- What are the building blocks of agile
Myths and facts about agile?
Benefits of agile
- How agile is addressing the current issues
- Why should organization consider agile
Scrum - definition
- What is scrum methodology?
- Why companies move to scrum?
- Comparison overview of all methodologies
- Advantage of scrum
- How scrum is agile?
Scrum - the cutting edge
- Description of the different facets of scrum
- Considerations for implementing scrum
Roles and events
- Product owner
- Scrum master
- Development team
- Product vision statement
- User story creation
- Daily scrum
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand Agile Framework
- Understand Agile methodology
- Understand SCRUM methodology
- Understand Project Management in the modern way
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
But it is recommended that participants understand traditional project management practices such as SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) or PMI-PMP (Project Management Professional)
|Original course fee||$374.50 (with GST)|
|After funding for NTUC Union Member||$20 (with GST)|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees