Full program description
NICF - PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in becoming effective project managers.
- Acquire knowledge on Agile methodologies.
- The course will fulfill the PMI requirement of 21 contact hours needed to apply for the PMI-ACP Certification examination.
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF027
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0031196-IT
PMI-ACP recognizes knowledge of agile principles, practices and tools and techniques across agile methodologies. If you already use agile practices or your organization is adopting agile methods, earning the PMI-ACP certification will demonstrate your knowledge of and commitment to this rapidly growing approach to project management.
This three days course is designed to train students to be effective project managers using Agile methodologies by imparting students with the ten tools and techniques and 43 knowledge and skills areas. By engaging in these concepts, exercises, discussions and real world examples, students will better understand Agile project management.
Before preparing students for the examination, the course also fulfills the PMI requirement of 21 contact hours which student needs to have before applying for the PMI- ACP Certification examination.
A PMI-ACP credential holder will need to earn 30 PDUs in agile project management per three-year cycle.
Who Should Attend
Overview of Examination/ Overview of Agile Tools And Techniques
Introduction to Agile and Agile Methodologies
(Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean Agile, FDD, Crystal, DSDM)
Comparison of Agile Frameworks?
What is Agility
Agile Principles and Values
Agile Project Lifecycle
Agile Project Visioning, Project Initiation Setting a Stage
Multiple Levels of Planning (Release Planning, Iteration Planning, Portfolio Planning)
Agile Burndown and Burnup Charts
Agile Cumulative Flow Diagrams
Agile Kanban Boards
Agile Requirements, User Stories
Theme & Epics
Agile Story Maps
Agile Project Charter
Agile Relative Sizing/Story Points
Agile Planning Poker
Agile Wideband Delphi
Agile Affinity Estimating
Agile Information Radiator
Agile Team Space
Osmotic Communications for Collocated and Distributed Teams
Agile Daily Stand-Ups
Agile - Product Quality
Agile Frequent Verification and Validation
Agile Test First Development
Agile Acceptance Test-Driven Development
Agile Definition of Done
Agile Continuous Integration
Agile Emotional Intelligence
Agile Adaptive Leadership
Agile Conflict Resolution
Agile Servant Leadership
Time Value of Money
Agile Return on Investment (ROI)
Agile Net Present Value (NPV)
Agile Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Agile Customer-Valued Prioritization
Agile Minimally Marketable Feature (MMF)
Agile Relative Prioritization or Ranking
Risk Management in Agile
Agile Risk Adjusted Product Backlog
Agile Risk Management (Risk Identification, Assessment, Response, Review)
Agile Risk Burndown Chart
Agile Risk Profile Graphs
Progressive Risk Reduction Steps
Agile Risk-Based Spike
Agile Metrics and Value Stream Analysis
Types of Metrics
Agile Cycle Time
Earned Value Management (EVM) for Agile Projects
Earned Value Terms Defined
Earned Value Metrics
Agile Escaped Defects
Agile Knowledge and Skills
Assessing and Incorporating Community and Stakeholder Values
Building Empowered Teams
Coaching and Mentoring within Teams
Agile Communications Management
Feedback Techniques for Product
Mode of Assessment
After completing this course, students will be able to claim mandatory 21 course hours to undertake and pass the examination to receive the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Students need to pass PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) exam to attain the following certification: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP).
- Agile development lifecycle end to end with real world examples,
- Compare Agile development practices to the traditional approaches for project management,
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban and Lean),
- How to build self-organizing high performing teams,
- Real world techniques for planning, estimating and prioritizing requirements in an Agile way,
- Learn how to engage your business customers and delight them through early and frequent delivery of value,
- Requirements gathering through vision, product road map, collaboration, brainstorming, defining high level user stories (Epics) and defining acceptance tests,
- Key Agile Project management processes of release planning, iteration planning, iterations monitoring and meetings, along with other factors such as prioritizations using different techniques,
- Create effective visible Agile tracking reports using burn downs, burn up etc,
- Get understanding advanced topics such as scaling Agile to large projects, distributed teams and lean portfolio management, and
- Prepare participants to pass the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner PMI-ACP examination.
For a good learning experience with this course, students are required to have:
- 2,000 hours working on project teams within last 5 years or PMP certification
- Additional of 1500 hours working on agile project teams or with Agile methodologies within the last 3 years,
- 21 contact hours of education this must be earned in Agile practices.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer:Trainee Ratio is 1:25
PDUs for Maintaining PMP Credential
This course is eligible for PDU Credits. Upon successful completion of this course, Project Management Professional (PMP) credential holders will be awarded with 21 PDUs. Applicants need to access the PMI CCR System at https://ccrs.pmi.org/search/ to claim their PDU points with the following details:
Provider ID: 3163
Activity ID: NICF027
Activity Name: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
To view the full listing of courses that is eligible for PDU points, visit https://www.ntuclearninghub.com/courses/courses-by-category/it-academy/pdu-points/
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,500.00||$1,605.00||$1,500.00||$1,605.00||$1,500.00||$1,605.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,185.00||$1,290.00||$1,185.00||$1,290.00||$450.00||$555.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$450.00||$555.00||$450.00||$555.00||$450.00||$555.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$387.00||$492.00||$387.00||$492.00||$387.00||$492.00|
- Individual Sponsored
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding. Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr.
Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr.
Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap).
Certification Exam Fee:
PMI Non-Member Price
PMI Member Price
Exam Fee (before GST)
Exam Fee (with GST)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
PMI, the PMI logo, PMBOK, CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Professional, the PMP logo, PMI-ACP, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner are marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.