Full program description
NICF - Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in becoming effective project managers.
- Gain an understanding of Project Management Institutes (PMI) approach to project management.
- Prepares you for the official CAPM examination.
SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0027889-IT
Who Should Attend
- Entry level individuals wishing to enter the project management profession
- Project team members, project support staff, team leads, functional managers
- Individuals who would like to obtain an international credential demonstrating an understanding of project management fundamentals and best practices, as defined in the PMBOK.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students looking to maximize their opportunities in the job market
- Project managers desiring a professional certification, but lacking the experience requirements for the PMP certification
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Lifecycle & Organization
- Project Management Processes
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After the course, students can take part in the official CAPM examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOA)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with these NICF SOAs:
- IT-PM-403S-1 Manage project scope
- IT-PM-404S-1 Manage project timeline
Official CAPM Examination
Students need to pass CAPM examination to attain the Certified Associate in Project Management certification.
For students who had purchased the examination(s), they will receive a printed instruction voucher or email instructions during the class period to allow them to book the relevant computer-based examination for their course (e.g. exam 77-418: Word 2013 Core for students taking Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word 2013).
As we recognize that every individual has different studying pace, we will allow everyone to make a choice when they are ready to take the examination*. So they can register for their examination date by proceed to level 3 Room G Exam Department at our NTUC Trade Union House center to book their examination upon receipt of the instruction voucher/ email instructions.
*Subjected to terms and conditions and schedule availability. The exam department cannot register for your examination if the voucher provided by the official vendor has expired. The instruction voucher or email instructions will not indicate the expiry date.
As a CAPM certification holder, you do not need to earn PDUs. Instead, you take a re-exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle.
This course enables participants to
- Have a thorough understanding of Project Management Institutes (PMI) approach to project management
- Be very familiar with all sections of "A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)"
Participants should be working in a role as part of a larger group of contributors, to deliver a result for the organization.
Having no direct pre-requisites for this course, participants with no background in project management are advised to attend NICF-Project Management Fundamentals before attending this course.
** This course is suitable for any individual from any domain of work and in a job role that meets the above recommendation.
Certification Exam Pre-requisites
If you are intending to sit for the official CAPM exam administered by PMI, you need to satisfy the following criteria before taking the examination:
- Secondary Degree (High school diploma or the global equivalent)
- At least 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team (OR) 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.
This 23 hours of project management education criteria can be satisfied by attending this 3 Days / 25 Hours course.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer:Trainee Ratio is 1:25
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fees
NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) with Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
PMI, the PMI logo, PMBOK, CAPM, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMP, Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Professional, the PMP logo, PMI-ACP, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner are marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
To facilitate students to learn more effectively during the course programme, students will be provided the following materials during the classroom training:
- PMBOK Guide 6th Edition (hardcopy).
- Printed Handouts prepared by our instructor
* Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve all rights to amend or change these provided materials without notice.
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$950.00||$1,016.50||$950.00||$1,016.50||$950.00||$1,016.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$575.00||$641.50||$575.00||$641.50||$95.00||$161.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$95.00||$161.50||$95.00||$161.50||$95.00||$161.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$47.50||$114.00||$47.50||$114.00||$47.50||$114.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP).
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Certification Exam Fee:
|w/o GST||w GST|
|Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Fee||S$405.00||S$433.35|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees