Full program description
NICF - Linux Command Line and Shell Scripting
What's In It For Me
- Be competent in command line and shell scripting in Linux environment.
- Learn to test and implement commands effeiciently.
- Learn to use programming functions through scripting directly within the operating systems interface.
This course is designed to assist participants to learn and master Linux command line and shell scripting. This course will enable Network or Linux System - Users, Administrators, Operators, Auditors, Managers, Implementers and testers to gain necessary skills to carry out their job in the Linux environment.
Scripting allows the use of programming functions – such as ‘for’ loops, if/then/else statements, and so forth – directly within the operating systems’ interface. Following are some benefits of scripting.
- Using the system object attributes
- Automating a process
- Run a job/file based on specific requirements
- Independent handling and auditing
- Avoiding errors and increase efficiency
- Recursive calls
Who Should Attend
- Internal / External / Technology Auditors
- Network / Systems / IT Security Engineers
- Network / Systems / Security operation-support Engineers
- Network and Systems / Security Managers
- Application Developers who are creating relevant tools / utilities
- Individuals pursing competency building in Linux environment
- Linux Command Line
- Starting with Linux Shell
- Getting to the Shell
- Basic bash Shell Commands
- More bash Shell Commands
- Understanding the Shell
- Using Linux Environment Variables
- Understanding Linux File Permissions
- Managing File Systems
- Installing Software
- Working with Editors
- Shell Scripting Basic
- Using Structured Commands
- More Structured Commands
- Handling User Input
- Presenting Data
- Script Control
- Advanced Shell Scripting
- Creating Functions
- Writing Scripts for Graphical Desktops
- Introducing sed and gawk
- Regular Expressions
- Advanced sed
- Advanced gawk
- Working with Alternative Shells
- Use Alternative Shells
- Writing Simple Script Utilities
- Creating Practical Scripts
- Producing Scripts for Database, Web and E-Mail
- Creating Fun Little Shell Scripts
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
This course will enable participants to
- Learn and master various Linux Shells, the commands and the environment variables.
- Learn and master file systems, the file permissions and the user access control.
- Learn and master software packaging, distribution and installation processes.
- Test and analyse existing scripts to make them error free and more effective.
- Write scripts for managing and controlling a network environment or logs.
Before attending this course, students must have basic understanding of programing concepts and logic.
Participants with no programming background are recommended to attend NICF – MTA: Software Development Fundamentals before attending this course.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset the course fee.
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0030622-IT
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1800.00||$1,926.00||$1800.00||$1,926.00||$1800.00||$1,926.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,447.50||$1,573.50||$1,447.50||$1,573.50||$625.00||$751.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$625.00||$751.00||$625.00||$751.00||$625.00||$751.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$90.00||$216.00||$90.00||$216.00||$90.00||$216.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees