Full program description
NICF - Networking with Windows Server (SF)
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF124
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0038496-ICT
Microsoft Course Code: 20741
Technology: Windows Server 2016
This 5-day classroom-based course provides the fundamental networking skills required to deploy and support Windows Server 2016 in most organizations. It covers IP fundamentals, remote access technologies, and more advanced content including Software Defined Networking.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for existing IT professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that provides insight into core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2016. This audience would typically include:
- Network administrators who are looking to reinforce existing skills and learn about new networking technology changes and functionality in Windows Server 2016.
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to gain core and advanced networking knowledge and skills on Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course is those IT professionals who are looking to take the MCSA 70-741: Networking with Windows Server 2016 exam.
Planning and implementing an IPv4 network
This module explains how to plan and implement an IPv4 addressing scheme to support organizational needs.
- Planning IPv4 addressing
- Configuring an IPv4 host
This module explains how to plan and implement DHCP to support the IPv4 infrastructure.
- Overview of the DHCP server role
- Deploying DHCP
- Managing and troubleshooting DHCP
This module explains how to implement IPv6, and how to integrate IPv6 and IPv4 networks.
- Overview of IPv6 addressing
- Configuring an IPv6 host
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
This module explains how to install and configure DNS within the organisation's network.
- Implementing DNS servers
- Configuring zones in DNS
- Configuring name resolution between DNS zones
- Configuring DNS integration with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
Implementing and managing IPAM
This module explains how to implement and manage the IPAM feature in Windows Server 2016. This module also explains how to use IPAM to manage services such as DHCP and DNS.
- Overview of IPAM
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP address spaces by using IPAM
Remote access in Windows Server 2016
This module explains how to plan for remote access in Windows Server 2016 and how to implement Web Application Proxy.
- Overview of remote access
- Implementing the Web Application Proxy
This module explains how to implement and manage DirectAccess in Windows Server 2016.
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Implementing DirectAccess by using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and managing an advanced DirectAccess infrastructure
This module explains how to implement and manage remote access in Windows Server 2016 by using VPNs.
- Planning VPNs
- Implementing VPNs
Implementing networking for branch offices
This module explains how to implement network services for branch offices.
- Networking features and considerations for branch offices
- Implementing Distributed File System (DFS) for branch offices
- Implementing BranchCache for branch offices
Configuring advanced networking features
This module explains how to implement an advanced networking infrastructure.
- Overview of high performance networking features
- Configuring advanced Microsoft Hyper-V networking features
Implementing Software Defined Networking
This module explains how to implement software defined networking.
- Overview of Software Defined Networking
- Implementing network virtualization
- Implementing Network Controller
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement IPv6
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement and manage IP address management (IPAM).
- Plan for remote access.
- Implement DirectAccess.
- Implement virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement networking for branch offices.
- Configure advanced networking features.
- Implement Software Defined Networking.
Students must have completed NICF MTA: Networking Fundamentals and NICF MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals course
Possess equivalent knowledge and skills.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding (w.e.f 1st Apr 2017)
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o gst||w/ gst||w/o gst||w/ gst||w/o gst||w/ gst|
|Original Course Fee||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50|
|Promo Course Fee (valid until 30 June 2020 by class start date)||$2,242.06||$2,399.00||$2,242.06||$2,399.00||$2,242.06||$2,399.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,642.06||$1,799.00||$1,642.06||$1,799.00||$242.06||$399.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above||$242.06||$399.00||$242.06||$399.00||$242.06||$399.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$122.06||$279.00||$122.06||$279.00||$122.06||$279.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees