Full program description
Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions (20533)
What's In It For Me
- Be trained in using Azure.
- Learn to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure.
- Prepares you for Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are familiar with managing on-premises IT deployments that include AD DS, virtualization technologies, and applications. The students typically work for organizations that are planning to locate some or all of their infrastructure services on Azure. This course also is intended for IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure.
- IT professional who use Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host websites and mobile app backend services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam 70-533, Implementing Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
Introduction to Azure
This module introduces cloud solutions in general and then focuses on the services that Azure offers. The module goes on to describe the portals that you can use to manage Azure subscriptions and services before introducing the Azure PowerShell modules and Azure Command Line Interface (CLI) as scripting technologies for managing Azure. Finally, the module provides explanations and guidance for the use of Azure Resource Manager.
- Cloud technology overview
- Overview of Azure
- Managing Azure with the Azure portal
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
- Overview of Azure Resource Manager
- Azure management services
Implementing and Managing Azure Networking
This module explains how virtual networking provides the glue that brings together VMs, web apps, and storage to enable you to publish a service onto the Internet.
- Overview of Azure networking
- Implementing and managing Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual networks
- Configuring Azure virtual network connectivity
- Overview of Azure classic networking
Implementing Virtual Machines
This module introduces the fundamentals of Azure Virtual Machines, and discusses the different ways in which you can deploy and manage them.
- Overview of Azure Resource Manager virtual machines
- Planning for Azure virtual machines
- Deploying Azure Resource Manager virtual machines
- Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
- Overview of classic virtual machines
Managing Virtual Machines
This module explains how to manage virtual machines including configuring virtual machines, configuring virtual machine disks, and managing and monitor virtual machines.
- Configuring virtual machines
- Configuring virtual machine disks
- Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
- Managing classic virtual machines
Implementing Azure App Services
This module explains the different types of apps that you can create by using the Microsoft Azure App Service, and how you can select an App Service plan and deployment method for apps in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) clients, and Azure PowerShell to deploy web and mobile apps to Azure. Additionally, they will learn how to configure web apps and use the Azure WebJobs feature to schedule tasks, monitor the performance of web apps, and create and configure mobile apps. Lastly, they will learn how to use Azure Traffic Manager to distribute requests between two or more app services.
- Introduction to App Service
- Planning app deployment in App Service
- Implementing and maintaining web apps
- Configuring web apps
- Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
- Implementing mobile apps
- Traffic Manager
Planning and Implementing Storage, Backup, and Recovery Services
This module explains how to plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services. Students will learn how to choose appropriate Microsoft Azure Storage options to address business needs. This module also explains how to implement and manage Azure Storage, and students will learn how to improve web-application performance by implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks (CDNs). Lastly, they will learn how to protect on-premises systems and Azure VMs by using Azure Backup, and they will be able to describe Azure Site Recovery capabilities.
- Planning storage
- Implementing and managing storage
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Implementing Azure Backup
- Planning for and implementing Azure Site Recovery
Planning and Implementing Azure SQL Database
This module explains how to plan and implement Azure SQL Database, and identify relational database services in Microsoft Azure. This module explains how to provision, configure, and manage the Azure SQL Database data-management service. Students will learn how to configure security for Azure SQL Database and monitor Azure SQL Database, as well as manage data recovery and availability for Azure SQL Database.
- Planning and deploying Azure SQL Database
- Implementing and managing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
Implementing PaaS Cloud Services
This module explains how to plan and deploy Azure Cloud Services. This module also explains how to manage and maintain Azure Cloud Services.
- Planning and deploying PaaS cloud services
- Managing and maintaining cloud services
Implementing Azure Active Directory
This module explains how to implement Azure AD. Students will learn how to create and manage Azure AD tenants. This module also explains how to configure single sign-on (SSO) for cloud applications and resources, and implement Azure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for cloud resources. Lastly, this module explains the functionality of Azure AD Premium, and how to implement Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Creating and managing Azure AD tenants
- Configuring application and resource access with Azure AD
- Overview of Azure AD Premium
Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
This module explains how to manage Active Directory in a hybrid environment. Students will learn how to extend an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) environments and synchronize user, group, and computer accounts between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD. This module also explains how to set up SSO by using federation between on-premises Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure IaaS
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Implementing federation
Implementing Azure-based Management and Automation
This module explains how to implement Azure-based management and automation. Students will learn how to implement Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS) solutions and the core components of Microsoft Azure Automation. This module also describes how to implement different types of Azure Automation runbooks and manage Azure Automation by publishing runbooks and scheduling their execution.
- Implementing Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
- Implementing Azure Automation
- Implementing Automation runbooks
- Managing Azure Automation
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded with SOAs from SSG.
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Deploy and configure web apps and mobile apps.
- Implement, manage, backup, and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Create and manage Azure AD tenants, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using automation.
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks (VHDs).
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of database concepts, including: tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture credit to offset the course fee.
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0030993-IT
Microsoft Course Code: 20533
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$2,365.00||$2,571.50||$2,365.00||$2,571.50||$1,000.00||$1,206.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$1,000.00||$1,206.50||$1,000.00||$1,206.50||$1,000.00||$1,206.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$147.50||$354.00||$147.50||$354.00||$147.50||$354.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees