Full program description
NICF – Identity with Windows Server (SF)
NTUC LearningHub Course Code: NICF101
SSG Skillsconnect Code: CRS-Q-0038497-ICT
Microsoft Course Code: 20742
Technology: Windows Server 2016
Alternate Course Title: Identity with Windows Server 2016
This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
Who Should Attend
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70-742 exam.
Installing and configuring domain controllers
This module describes the features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
Managing objects in AD DS
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects.
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
Advanced AD DS infrastructure management
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
Implementing and administering AD DS sites and replication
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in a Windows Server 2016 AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
Implementing Group Policy
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
Managing user settings with Group Policy
This module describes how to configure Group Policy settings and Group Policy preferences. This includes implementing administrative templates, configuring folder redirection and scripts, and configuring Group Policy preferences.
- Implementing administrative templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection, Software Installation, and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy preferences
Securing Active Directory Domain Services
This module describes how to configure domain controller security, account security, password security, and Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA).
- Securing domain controllers
- Implementing account security
- Implementing audit authentication
- Configuring managed service accounts
Deploying and managing AD CS
This module describes how to implement an AD CS deployment. This includes deploying, administering, and troubleshooting CAs.
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting and maintaining CAs
Deploying and managing certificates
This module describes how to deploy and manage certificates in an AD DS environment. This involves deploying and managing certificate templates, managing certificate revocation and recovery, using certificates in a business environment, and implementing smart cards.
- Deploying and managing certificate templates
- Managing certificate deployment, revocation, and recovery
- Using certificates in a business environment
- Implementing and managing smart cards
Implementing and administering AD FS
This module describes AD FS and how to configure AD FS in a single-organization scenario and in a partner-organization scenario.
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS requirements and planning
- Deploying and configuring AD FS
- Overview of Web Application Proxy
Implementing and administering AD RMS
This module describes how to implement an AD RMS deployment. The module provides an overview of AD RMS, explains how to deploy and manage an AD RMS infrastructure, and explains how to configure AD RMS content protection.
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and managing an AD RMS infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS content protection
Implementing AD DS synchronization with Microsoft Azure AD
This module describes how to plan and configure directory syncing between Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and on-premises AD DS. The modules describe various sync scenarios, such as Azure AD sync, AD FS and Azure AD, and Azure AD Connect.
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing identities with directory synchronization
Monitoring, managing and recovering AD DS
This module describes how to monitor, manage, and maintain AD DS to help achieve high availability of AD DS.
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the Active Directory database
- Active Directory backup and recovery options for AD DS and other identity and access solutions
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Awarded NICF Statement of Attainments (SOAs)
Upon completion of the course, students will also be awarded SOAs from SSG.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers.
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell.
- Implement AD DS in complex environments.
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication.
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Manage user settings by using GPOs.
- Secure AD DS and user accounts.
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
Students must have completed NICF MTA: Networking Fundamentals and NICF MTA: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals course
Possess equivalent knowledge and skills.
- SSG Funding
This course is aligned to the National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) and accredited by SSG with Cat-B Funding (PME Level).
- SkillsFuture Credit
Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after SSG funding.
Course Fee with SSG Cat-B funding
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50||$2,950.00||$3,156.50|
|Promo Course Fee (valid until 31 Dec 2020 by class start date)||$2,242.06||$2,399.00||$2,242.06||$2,399.00||$2,242.06||$2,399.00|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,642.06||$1,799.00||$1,642.06||$1,799.00||$242.06||$399.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$242.06||$399.00||$242.06||$399.00||$242.06||$399.00|
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees