Full program description
Lean IT Foundation
What's In It For Me
- Learn the key concepts, methods and principles of Lean IT
- Understand how Lean IT complements to other industry best practices like ITIL 4, Agile and DevOps.
- Prepare for Lean IT Foundation certification Exam
- Better career opportunities in the IT industry
Lean IT helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. By understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behavior, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mind-set.
Lean IT is complementary to all other best practices such as ITIL 4, Agile and DevOps.
After completing this 2-days course, participants will be equipped with adequate knowledge to prepare for the Lean IT Foundation certification exam.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone require a basic understanding of Lean IT
- Anyone working in an organization adopting Lean IT
- Anyone preparing for Lean IT Foundation certification exam
- Anyone wants to understand how Lean IT can be used to enhance IT Service quality. This may include but not limited to
| || |
2 Days / 16 Hours
- Introduction to Lean
- Value definition
- Value-add vs Non-Value-add activity
- Principles of Lean
- Voice of Customer
- Critical-to-Quality tree
- Push vs Pull
- Value Stream Map
- Process metrics
- Time factor is key
- People Skills and Knowledge
- Customer oriented structure
- Cascaded Communication
- Performance dialogue
- Visual Management Kanban, Weekly and Improvement Boards
- Attitude and Behaviour
- Difference between attitude and behaviour
- Lean Mindset
- Lean Leadership
- Lean manager role
- Problem solving / Kaizen
- What is DMAIC
- A3 Method
- Tools and Methods from DAMIC
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
1. Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub
Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub will be issued to participants who have met at least 75% attendance.
2. External Certification Exam
This course will prepare participants to sit for Lean IT Foundation certification exam. Upon passing the exam, participants will receive Lean IT Foundation certification from Lean IT Association (LITA), USA.
- Understand the concept of Lean
- Understand the key principles and its dimensions with related components
- Explain the use of SIPOC and Value Stream Map for process analysis and improvement
- Importance of organization structured, communication, process and people performance, attitude and behaviour towards Lean IT adoption
- Understand the use of DMAIC and some of Lean tools and methods like VSM, 5S, Poka-Yoke and etc
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to take this course.
But it is recommended that participants have at least one year of working experience in IT.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee ratio is 1:25
Promotional Fee valid till 31 Oct 2019