Full program description
Take Centrestage and Command an Audience
Using experiential exercises, reflection, case studies and dialogue, this training provides a transformational learning experience where participants develop powerful new awareness and are guided to create practical action plans.
This training draws on participants strengths in public speaking and individual talent, which will be honed to provide absolute understanding of proper show presentation. The program will also give insights on how to overcome fear of speaking to an audience, seamless speech delivery, effective ideas for audience interaction, effective use of body language which will then culminate to competent and confident public speakers.
Who Should Attend
- Existing performers in the events, entertainment & arts industry whom have not been exposed to emceeing/showhosting to a live audience
- Individuals in ANY industry, looking to hone/improve their skills in public speaking to an audience
LU1 : Self expression mechanics and technique
- To access and identify each participants strength and weakness
LU2 : Whats your style?
- To identify each participants STAR quality and use them effectively
- Identifying personal style of hosting & comfort zones
LU3 : Voice projection technique
- Microphone technique & proper voice projection
LU4 : Non verbal techniques
- Making use of body movements and hand gestures an advantage
LU5 : Understanding & overcoming the fear factor(s)
- Identify and embrace fear in front of an audience
- Unmasking the Face & be ONESELF!
LU6 : Scripting techniques
- Techniques to a well prepared and written script
- Understanding and implementing proper script reading
- Learning to TALK the script rather than READING it
LU7 : Attention grabbing tips
- Conduct ass participating activities & humour to grab attention of an audience
- Identifying individual talent which may be used as a prop to capture audience attention
LU8 : Stage activities & games
- Learning effective stage games to entertain audience
- Conducting games and deliver it successfully
Mode of Assessment
Scenario-based group presentation & assessment
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Participants will learn to overcome personal fears of public speaking
- Effectively present themselves to a LIVE audience
- Execute successful content presentation
- Gain confidence in their own abilities and themselves
- Effectively use their individual talents to their advantage
- Able to read a script more effectively and smoothly
- Able to use interactive activities and games for a livelier audience response
- Learning how to connect with the audience
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
- Scenario-based learning
Original Course Fee
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (non-UNION members)
Course fee for Singapore Citizens & PRs (UNION members)
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.