Full program description
WSQ Develop Self to Maintain Professional Competence at Managerial Level powered by John Maxwell
The daily work of the manager is filled with one on one or group interactions, focused mainly in operations. Depending on the industry, the functions and roles of a manager can be varied. In order to fulfil the job competently, a manager needs to set aside time to develop oneself in order to maintain his/her professional competence.
This course will address the needs of a manager seeking to improve in the following areas:
1. Communication skills
2. Influencing and decision-making skills
3. Commitment to develop self
Who Should Attend
Professionals who aspire to be groomed to managerial level.
16 Hours| 2 Days: Facilitated Classroom
1. Communicate Effectively
This learning unit is broken into 3 sub-sections:
- It starts with exploring organisational communication and how different techniques can impact stakeholders and the organisation.
- The learner then moves on to assess themselves via a self-checklist on how they have been delegating duties to team leaders. This will be followed by learning a step by step method on how to delegate effectively.
- The last section of this unit will address communication barriers in team cohesiveness and teach managers to receive feedback via a 3-stage process.
2. Influence Decision Making
The second learning unit focuses on exploring various types of decision-making models and improving influencing skills:
- The unit will begin with learners exploring various decision-making models and how organisational barriers can affect decision making. To influence team leaders to take necessary actions, it is important for a leader to first recognise the link between organisational and departmental goals. Learners will use the hierarchy of objectives tool to analyse this link.
- This will be followed by applying the performance management cycle to contribute to the development of departmental implementation plans,
- Finally culminating to learners using negotiation strategies to influence their team leaders to take the necessary action and fulfil organisational priorities.
3. Demonstrate Commitment to Self-Development
The third learning unit is meant for the learner to commit to self-development.
- Learners will first need to recognise the need to adhere with organisational policies when developing oneself.
- When this is in place, learners will then assess their own leadership and performance styles to identify areas of improvement and maintain necessary current knowledge. Learners will use generic leadership competencies as a benchmark for self-improvement.
- This will be followed by developing a personal roadmap for learners to take away and work on after the programme.
- Self-development will not be complete without the final section of this unit Applying emotional intelligence principles to manage self and improve relationships. Learners will learn how to recognise their own emotional states to build better relationships with their team leaders.
John Maxwell Highlights:
Materials from John Maxwells 360 Degree Leader: Developing Your Influence from Anywhere in the Organization, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and other references will used to underpin the structure and content of this course.
Mode of Assessment
Participants would be assessed through course assessment exercises.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Participants who have successfully demonstrated competence in all the knowledge and skills requirements in this programme will be awarded with a Statement of Attainment (SOA) by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). This programme is offered on a modular basis only.
- WSQ Develop Self to Maintain Professional Competence at Managerial Level
At the end of the course, learner will be able to:
- Develop relationships with team leaders and stakeholders
- Delegate more effectively
- Influence team leaders
- Improve own leadership style and emotional intelligence to maintain working relationships
Recommended minimum English proficiency level equivalent to the Employability Skills Workforce skills Qualifications (ES WSQ) Workplace Literacy Level 4.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Trainer : Trainee Ratio is 1:20