Full program description
Kotter Buy In Programme
What's In It For Me
Getting support for your ideas can be difficult in an organization when natural obstacles exist in the structure or culture. You want to advance an initiative for the betterment of your company but know that you must first lower peoples intentional or unintentional resistance to new concepts. Backing from others is essential. The method for gaining buy-in taught in this program is counterintuitive. You learn the advantages of walking into the fray, showing respect for all, and applying well-prepared tactics to build the support even advocacy necessary to launch and deliver on your innovation.
Core Content Areas
Taking the Barriers Down
Participants learn the four core types of barriers in the context of a compelling story and how dismantling them effectively, rather than trying to go around them, is a path to success for the heroes of the story.
Armed with the examples from the story, participants examine their own initiatives in light of the need for support from others. They prepare a plan to develop effective responses for potential challenges to its successful implementation. Each participant pairs with another to provide mutual support, advice and feedback for securing buy-in and implementing their initiatives both during and after the session.
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply leadership competencies in influence, communication, collaboration, strategic thinking and decision making
- Evaluate how much buy-in has already been achieved, how much more is needed and from whom for their initiatives
- Create a step-by-step plan for advancing initiatives through building the necessary support
- Apply tactics to increase buy-in and active support for their initiatives
- Gain the experience needed to apply this blueprint to advancing future ideas or initiatives
- Participants leave with tips, tools, and a plan to build success for their initiatives
Who Should Attend
This program is for individuals (or teams) with a good idea or an initiative who need to secure buy-in from others to ensure successful implementation. The session is most appropriate for front-line to midlevel managers. Additionally, minor facilitation and design adjustments can make it relevant to senior level individual contributors or teams involved with originating or implementing initiatives.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Nett Course Fees: $642.00
Prices are inclusive of GST and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees