Full program description
Basic Conversational English Level 1
What's In It For Me
- Be able to construct questions with yes/no responses
- Handle basic phone conversation
- Use a range of workplace expressions
Basic Conversational English is for migrant workers who need English to communicate using basic phrases and sentences to handle daily conversations, learn to read letters of the English alphabet and numbers, sight words and simple phrases and handle routine duties that involve only basic oral communication in English to perform their tests efficiently.
Who Should Attend
This course develops the learner's Basic English skill for everyday life. It is targeted at learners with a little knowledge.
- Read and write A to Z (capital and small letters).
- Recognise the sounds of letters in words.
- Ask and answer simple “WH” and “Yes/No” questions regarding common work items.
- Use numbers appropriately.
- Give and ask the days and dates of work routines and scheduled events, including public holidays.
- Introduce oneself and others as well as exchange greetings at the workplace.
- Say and respond appropriately to ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’.
Mode of Assessment
A broad range of delivery methods which will include:
- Role Play
- Pair work, small group and large group work
- Listening exercise
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Use a basic range of workplace expressions
- Understand how words are formed
- Respond to simple questions
Prices does not include pre & post assessment fees and subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees