Full program description
ISO 45001: 2018 Design & Developing An Effective Safety Mgt System (OHSAS 18001)
What's In It For Me
- To provide a step by step approach towards setting up a SMS to meet national / international requirements.
- To provide the participants with a framework for developing the SMS, sample manuals, forms and records will be provided as a means of reference in future.
This course is scheduled to be launched in the Q3 of 2018. To express your interest for enrollment in this course, please fill up our form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WSHdemandform. We will contact you when we get closer to the course launch date.
More and more companies are beginning to adopt a structural approach to occupational health and safety management system. Customer pressure, legislative / regulatory compliance, increasing work-related accidents are just some of the reasons why an effective SMS is needed. Regardless of the reasons, implementing a SMS will ensure the safety and protecting the health of all workers in the work premise. It also forms a basis for safety audit and review for continual improvement.
Who Should Attend
- All personnel who are involved in the day-to- day operations and form a critical element in managing and enforcing safety
- Designated management staff, supervisors, foremen, engineers or officers who are involved in safety planning, inspections or improving safety in the workplace.
- Safety co-ordinators who are responsible for accident investigation and reporting, safety promotion and risk analysis in the company
- Interpretation of the OHSAS 18001 safety management system
- Principles of Accident and Risk Prevention
- Human aspects of safety management and their effects
- Hazard Identification and Risk Management
- Accident Investigation and reporting
- Safety rules and regulations
- Company Emergency Planning
- Safety Inspections
- Safety Procedures / instructions
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certificate of Participation
This course is specially designed in a workshop manner to provide a step by step approach towards setting up a SMS to meet national / international requirements. Being an in-house course, participants from different departments are given the chance to interact among themselves, hence identifying risks and formulating procedures that would be useful for the company as a whole. Participants are also encouraged to share their existing system (if any) with the tutor, in the effort of integrating current practice with the standards requirements as far as possible. As the training aims to provide the participants with a framework for developing the SMS, sample manuals, forms and records will be provided as a means of reference in future.
Persons with some industrial, business and/or service sector experience.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
$428.00 (Inclusive of GST)