Full program description
Singapore's Industrial Relations System: Past Present Future
Since 1965, the Government, unions and employers have been working together to ensure that Singapore remains a viable destination for investments. The collective goal is to create opportunities for the economy to grow healthily so as to create good jobs for Singaporeans and help the workers to get a fair share of the countrys progress. This form of tripartism has helped to maintain Singapores social cohesion, competitive advantage and economic resilience.
With the restructuring of the Singapores economy in recent years, the workforce is becoming more diverse. The proportion of Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) has increased from 42% in 1999 to 56% in 2017. NTUC has started to engage and recruit the PMEs to join the unions.
This course provides an introduction of IR to enable participants to better engage the employees at the workplace and to work with the unions to improve the well-being of the workers.
Who Should Attend
- HR Professionals
- Those who aspire to be HR professionals
- Administrative Officer and Office Administrator directly or indirectly involved in the design and development of HR policies and procedures
- Newly-promoted Managers and Line Managers with people-management responsibilities
Training / Lecture Hours: 8 hours
- History of Industrial Relations
- Role of tripartism in Singapore
- IR Act:
- Attain Industrial Peace through labour legislation
- Process of collective bargaining
- Negotiation principles and processes, including arbitration
- Current issues affecting employees and employers
- Cases of IR best practices in the organisation
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd
- Describe the Singapore's tripartism operating model
- Be familiar with the MOMs Industrial Relations (IR) Act and the dispute resolution process in Singapore
- Promote IR best practices in the organisation
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer to Trainee Ratio - 1:20
|Existing course fee per pax (W/O GST)||Promotion Fee (15% off) per pax (W/O GST)||Promotion Fee (15% off) per pax (With GST)|
|$ 350||$ 297.50||$ 318.33|
Promotion period: until 31st Dec 2020 (Based on course start date)
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.