Full program description
Managing Termination Dismissal and Re-Employment
What's In It For Me
- Be able to communicate reasons for termination confidently.
- Understand the legal and moral requirements for retrenchment.
- Be able to design checklists to implement re-employment processes.
It is inevitable for organisations having to deal with termination of employment contract due to employees poor work performance. At the same time, there may be times for organisations to deal with dismissal resulting from disciplinary actions. In contrast, there are legal and moral requirements when there is a need for company to retrench employees. In addition, the revision of the Retirement and Re-Employment Act means that organisations would need to cater for employees reaching retirement age. Hence, it is imperative that existing processes are not in contradictory with the Singapores employment laws and are aligned with business needs.
Who Should Attend
- HR Officers,
- Line Managers,
- Team Leaders and newly promoted managers involved in managing people
- Identify the four types of performers at the workplace
- Differences between Termination and Dismissal
- Types of reasons for termination of employment
- Reasons for employees non-performance
- The Due Inquiry process
- Implement the counseling methodology
- Critical-incidence log for disciplinary cases
- Legal requirement and moral obligations in retrenchment
- The Re-Employment Processes
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
At the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Determine the various reasons for termination of employment contract
- Communicate reasons for termination effectively
- Apply evidence-based records for dismissal
- Develop in-depth understanding of the due inquiry process
- Identify the legal and moral obligations for Retrenchment
- Design checklist to implement Re-Employment process
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee Ratio
1 : 20
$350.00 before GST
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.