Full program description
Effective Performance Management and Appraisals
Do you dread conducting appraisal sessions? Do you find them to be a time-wasting and paper filling exercise? Performance Management starts with setting SMARTER objectives that staff are committed to. Through constructive feedback, coaching and appraisal discussions, supervisors can support their staff to achieve these objectives. Effective performance management ensures staff are motivated and engaged to achieve high performance. This creates a win-win outcome for staff, management and organisation.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders who are responsible for the performance of their team members.
- Elements and Key Success Factors of Performance management
- Concerns of appraisals by supervisors and staff
- The purpose and benefits of performance appraisals
- Reasons why people do not perform
- Set individual SMARTER objectives that are aligned with team, department and organisational goals
- Gain the commitment of staff in the achievement of work objectives
- Constructive feedback and coaching throughout the year to support staff performance
- Skills needed for effective feedback, such as questioning, paraphrasing and listening techniques
- A comprehensive and structured approach towards effective appraisal discussion that engages staff
- Avoid pitfalls in appraisals, such as halo effect, stereotyping
- Handling high, average and low performers effectively
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Certificate of Attendance from NTUC LearningHub Pte Ltd
In this one-day course, participants will learn how to:
- Adopt a holistic framework and a positive mindset towards performance management
- Align objectives of organisation, self and team members
- Effectively set SMARTER objectives and obtain a commitment from staff to achieve them
- Give constructive feedback and coaching to support staff performance
- Apply a comprehensive and structured approach to ensure a fruitful outcome from the appraisal discussions.
- Use the appraisal discussions to develop staff potential and engage in career discussion
- Follow up and monitor the performance after the appraisal discussion
- Apply different interventions to handle high, average and low performers
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
To anchor the learning and winning behaviour, the course incorporates:
- Guided lectures
- Interactive discussions
- Skill Practice
Trainer to Trainee ratio: 1:18
|Existing course fee per pax (W/O GST||Promotion Fee (15% off)per pax (W/O GST)||Promotion Fee (15% off) per pax (With GST)||Promotion period|
|$ 350||$ 297.50||$ 318.33||Until 31st Dec 2019|
(Based on Course Start)
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.