Full program description
Developing and Managing Effective HR Policies and Procedures
What's In It For Me
- Gain knowledge and skills in applying human resource policies and procedures.
- Learn to avoid pitfalls common during the development of policies.
- Implement and manage polices and procedures confidently.
Employees are assets to an organization. HR professionals enable employees to contribute effectively to achieving organizational goals by ensuring that they are managed effectively through implementation of HR strategies and structured HR programs that are aligned to their organizations business goals.
However, these must be supported by HR policies and procedures to ensure transparency, consistency and orderliness in implementation of activities and processes related to these HR strategies and programs. An organizations business environment is dynamic. HR policies and procedures can provide clarification on HR strategic objectives and goals as well as guidance as to how human capital can be managed more effectively.
HR professionals must master the ability to develop effective and robust policies and procedures and deploy them as tools to support all aspects of their human resource functions. In addition to writing effective policies and procedures, an HR professional must also ensure that they are implemented and managed properly with support from other stakeholders.This course provides participants with a better understanding of the purpose and roles of HR policies and procedures. It explores how HR professionals can develop them as tools to support their various human capital management functions. The course also covers how to develop and write policies and procedures that are relevant to individual organizations. Participants will also learn what are the critical considerations in implementing policies and procedures and challenges in managing and enforcing them.
Who Should Attend
- The purpose and role of HR policies and procedures
- The key elements of HR policies and procedures
- How to align HR policies and procedures to HR strategies and programs
- An effective structure to develop effective HR policies and procedures
- Pitfalls to avoid when developing HR policies and procedures
- Ways to obtain stakeholder buy-in and understanding of HR policies and procedures
- An effective process for implementing HR policies and procedures
- How to manage and enforce HR policies and procedures
- How to conduct reviews of human resource policies and procedures
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
- Understand the purpose and role of human resource policies and procedures
- Apply the key elements of human resource policies and procedures
- Apply a structure for developing human resource policies and procedures
- Avoid the pitfalls when developing human resource policies and procedures
- Implement and manage human resource policies and procedures
- Conduct reviews of human resource policies and procedures
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee Ratio
1 : 20
|Existing course fee per pax (W/O GST)||Promotion Fee (15% off) per pax (W/O GST)||Promotion Fee (15% off) per pax (With GST)|
|$ 350||$ 297.50||$ 318.33|
Promotion period: until 31st Dec 2019 (Based on course start date)
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.