Full program description
CIPD Level 3 - Diploma in Learning and Development
What's In It For Me
- To provide a firm foundation in all the areas of Learning and Development, including its impact on business sustainability.
- To develop essential skills and give students the confidence to be more effective at work.
- To add value to their HR or training function.
The CIPD Level 3 Diploma in Learning & Development is ideal for practitioners who are looking to acquire a means of professional recognition in the field of learning and development.
The CIPD Diploma in Learning and Development uses a highly practical approach, to provide an in-depth and thorough grounding in the training cycle and the fundamentals of learning and development.
It provides a firm foundation in all the areas of learning and development, including its impact on business sustainability. It is an essential introduction for L&D professionals.
Who Should Attend
The Diploma is ideal to candidates who:
- Are new to the L&D function.
- Are working in the field of L&D in a support role and wish to develop their knowledge and skills.
- Are responsible for L&D activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist role.
- Are engaged as employees or independent consultants within the field of L&D.
- Are looking to further their L&D career with a professional qualication.
Guided Learning Hours: 192 Hours
Please refer to Course Schedule
The Diploma is a foundation level qualification, which is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria. You will learn through a combination of taught sessions, activities based on case studies and through private study.
Assessment is through assignment work.
To achieve the CIPD Diploma in L&D, you need a total of 38 credits, which you will gain by completing all of the following units.
1. Becoming an Effective Learning and Development Practitioner - 4 credits
2. Learning and Development and the Organisation - 4 credits
3. Identifying Learning and Development Needs - 3 credits
4. Designing Learning and Development Activities - 6 credits
5. Delivering Learning and Development Activities - 6 credits
6. Evaluating Learning and Development Activities - 3 credits
7. Using Technology to Facilitate Learning - 6 credits
8. Supporting Individual Learning through Coaching and Mentoring - 6 credits
Mode of Assessment
Assessment is by:
- Demonstrating practical skills.
- Short work-based reports.
- A self-assessment of your experience and contribution to the programme.
- Evaluation, explanation and comparison case study exercises.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
1. To provide a firm foundation in all the areas of Learning and Development, including its impact on business sustainability.
2. To develop essential skills and give students the confidence to be more effective at work and to add value to their HR or training function.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee Ratio
1 : 25
Course reference code in SkillsConnect: CRS-N-0040980
- This course is accredited by SSG with Cat-C Funding (without Absentee Payment). To know more about Cat C SSG funding for company-sponsored candidates, click here
- To know more about SSG funding for individual-sponsored candidates, click here
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can also use their SkillsFuture credit to offset the course fee. For more details, click here
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can also apply for the SkillsFuture Study Awards from SSG. For more info, click here
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees