Full program description
CIPD Level 3 - Diploma in Human Resources Practice
What's In It For Me
- To give learners a broad understanding of HR issues relating to individual, team and organisational development.
- To understand how HR activities support an organisation's strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how they are shaped by internal and external factors.
The CIPD Level 3 - The Diploma in Human Resource Practice offers the latest in HR management principles and equips you with practical skills and knowledge of the processes and strategies involved in successful human capital management and development. It will prepare you for a support-level role in any HR department.
You will learn the fundamentals of HR Practice and build a firm foundation on which to base a successful career in human resources. You will look at the role of human resources in business and learn to assess skills and knowledge and create skill sets that strengthen the workforce.
Once completed, the Diploma in Human Resource Practice will provide you with the knowledge you need to continue on to Intermediate and Advanced level CIPD courses and to apply for Associate level membership with CIPD.
Who Should Attend
The Diploma is ideal to candidates who:
Are new to HR.
Are interested in a move into HR.
Are working in HR in a support role and wish to develop your knowledge and skills.
Are line managers who are involved in HR and those who have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function.
Work in HR but do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD intermediate or advanced level qualifications.
Guided Learning Hours: 196 Hours
Please refer to Course Schedule
The Diploma is a foundation level qualification, which is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria. You will learn through a combination of taught sessions, activities based on case studies and through private study.
Assessment is through assignment work.
To achieve the CIPD Diploma in HR Practice, you need a total of 37 credits, which you will gain by completing all of the following units.
1. Developing Yourself as an Effective HR/L&D Practitioner - 4 credits
2. Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources - 4 credits
3. Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information - 2 credits
4. Resourcing Talent - 6 credits
5. Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations - 6 credits
6. Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - 6 credits
7. Contributing to the Process of Job Analysis 3 credits
8. Identifying Learning and Development Needs 3 credits
9. Evaluating Learning and Development Activities 3 credits
Mode of Assessment
Assessment is by:
- Demonstrating practical skills.
- Short work-based reports.
- A self-assessment of your experience and contribution to the programme.
- Evaluation, explanation and comparison case study exercises.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
The aim of the course is to enable HR practitioners to:
1. Develop as a practitioner giving you a broad understanding of HR issues relating to individual, team and organisational development.
2. Understand how HR activities support an organisation's strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how they are shaped by internal and external factors.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee Ratio
1 : 25
- This course is accredited by SSG with Cat-C Funding (without Absentee Payment). To know more about Cat C SSG funding for company-sponsored candidates, click here
- To know more about SSG funding for individual-sponsored candidates, click here
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can also use their SkillsFuture credit to offset the course fee. For more details, click here
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can also apply for the SkillsFuture Study Awards from SSG. For more info, click here
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees