Full program description
CIPD Level 3 - Diploma in Human Resources Practice
The CIPD Level 3 - The Diploma in Human Resource Practice offers the latest in HR management principles and equips you with practical skills and knowledge of the processes and strategies involved in successful human capital management and development. It will prepare you for a support-level role in any HR department.
You will learn the fundamentals of HR Practice and build a firm foundation on which to base a successful career in human resources. You will look at the role of human resources in business and learn to assess skills and knowledge and create skill sets that strengthen the workforce.
Once completed, the Diploma in Human Resource Practice will provide you with the knowledge you need to continue on to Intermediate and Advanced level CIPD courses and to apply for Associate level membership with CIPD.
Who Should Attend
The Diploma is ideal for candidates who:
- Are new to HR
- Are interested in a move into HR
- Are working in HR in a support role and wish to develop your knowledge and skills
- Are line managers who are involved in HR and those who have responsibility for HR activities and decisions within an organisation without a specialist function
- Work in HR but do not have sufficient qualifications to undertake CIPD intermediate or advanced level qualifications
Guided Learning Hours: 196 Hours
Please refer to Course Schedule
The Diploma is a foundation level qualification, which is designed to reflect the CIPD HR Profession Map and the new professional membership criteria. You will learn through a combination of taught sessions, activities based on case studies and through private study.
Assessment is through assignment work.
To achieve the CIPD Diploma in HR Practice, you need a total of 37 credits, which you will gain by completing all of the following units.
- Developing Yourself as an Effective HR/L&D Practitioner - 4 credits
- Understanding Organisations and the Role of Human Resources - 4 credits
- Recording, Analysing and Using HR Information - 2 credits
- Resourcing Talent - 6 credits
- Supporting Good Practice in Managing Employment Relations - 6 credits
- Supporting Good Practice in Performance and Reward Management - 6 credits
- Contributing to the Process of Job Analysis 3 credits
- Identifying Learning and Development Needs 3 credits
- Evaluating Learning and Development Activities 3 credits
Mode of Assessment
Assessment is by:
- Demonstrating practical skills
- Short work-based reports
- A self-assessment of your experience and contribution to the programme
- Evaluation, explanation and comparison case study exercises
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
The aim of the course is to enable HR practitioners to:
- Develop as a practitioner giving you a broad understanding of HR issues relating to individual, team and organisational development
- Understand how HR activities support an organisation's strategy and assist the achievement of business objectives and how they are shaped by internal and external factors
The CIPD Level 3 Diploma in HR Practice is open to anyone. However, an appropriate level of knowledge and skills in numeracy and literacy, together with some experience in HR, or a related field will be advantageous.
Note: Applications are required to provide necessary documents stated above before we can assess your suitability for the course. Course registration will close a month before the class commence.
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer: Trainee Ratio
- UTAP Funding (up to $250, terms apply) applicable.
Participants are required to register your CIPD Student Membership at CIPD website if you are not a CIPD Member. Guide on CIPD Student Membership registration will be given after you have been accepted into the course. You may refer to https://www.cipd.co.uk/membership/become-member/student for latest CIPD Student Membership rates and membership benefits.
Note: CIPD membership fee (in British pounds)
Joining Fee (GBP)
Subscription Fee (GBP)
Up to 12 months
Validity period for CIPD Membership is from July 2020 to June 2021.
**Latest Update: In light of the current situation with the coronavirus pandemic and the recent lockdown in the UK, the CIPD offices will now be closed for the safety of our staff, CIPD Members and visitors alike. We will be experiencing delayed from CIPD qualification team till further notice.
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
- NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC Learninghub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.