Full program description
Apply Employment Act in HR Practices and HR Processes
What's In It For Me
- Be able to interpret the Employment Act and it clauses competently.
- Handle salary matters, benefits and termination procedures confidently.
- Design regulatory-centric HR policies.
With a new generation who are more educated and being aware of their employment rights, it is imperative that employers involved in people-management as well as those implement HR policies and procedures, including preparation of employment contract and administering salaries, payment and benefits are clearly aware of the Employment Act to minimize conflicts between employers and employees. More importantly, HR officers and even managers shall be well versed with the employment laws in order to protect the organisations from non-compliance risks.
Who Should Attend
- HR officers,
- Administrative Officer and Office Administrator directly or indirectly involved in the design and development of HR policies and procedures
- Newly-promoted Managers and Line Managers with people-management responsibilities
- Essential structures of Employment Act
- Dismissal and the process of Due Inquiry
- Coverage and Protection under Employment Act
- Contract of Services versus Contract for Services
- Basic Salary, Gross Salary and Overtime Pay
- Mandatory benefits under Employment Act
- KET (Key Employment Terms)
Mode of Assessment
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
- At the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
- Interpret Employment Act and its clauses
- Handle termination and dismissal based on legal requirements
- Calculate salaries and overtime pay
- Communicate clearly employees statutory benefits
- Design regulatory-centric HR policies
- Appreciate cross referencing of Employment Act to other relevant Employment Laws (Immigration Act, CPF Act, Child Development Co-Savings Act and Retirement and Re-Employment Act)
- Incorporate year 2016s Employment Act changes into existing practices
- Prepare for upcoming changes in 2017s Employment Act
Medium of Instruction & Trainer
Medium of Instruction: English
Trainer : Trainee Ratio
1 : 20